***Mixcraft 6 Remote App for iOS, Android just released!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

***Mixcraft 6 Remote App for iOS, Android just released!

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hello forum members! We are pleased to announce that we have just released the Mixcraft Remote App for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones & tablets (including the Kindle Fire)! We're letting you know exclusively, before we send out a newsletter or post to Facebook!

This app connects easily to Mixcraft 6 Build 210 and above via your wireless network. Once connected, all of your basic transport controls are available, plus master volume, Beats/Time display, Save, Undo, and Redo controls are available at the touch of a button. You can even tap the Time display in order to seek to any location in your song.

This app is ideal for controlling Mixcraft from across the room or across the hall. Strap on your guitar, adjust your microphone, and start Mixcraft recording right from the phone in your pocket or the tablet on your desk. And, Mixcraft Remote App is available for only $9.99 USD, a fraction of the cost of wireless MIDI controllers that often run $150.00 USD and up.

You can find this app on iTunes and Android Play, and it will be available soon in the Amazon Appstore.

To use the Mixcraft Remote App, you'll need to enable it in Mixcraft. Run Mixcraft 6 Build 210 or above, go to File->Preferences, select the Interface tab, and select "Enable Mixcraft Remote App" at the bottom of the page, and press OK. If you have any firewall software (including Windows Firewall), you'll need to allow Mixcraft to communicate with your network when prompted. Note that Mixcraft and your phone or tablet need to be connected to the same network. Full instructions including screenshots are available within the Mixcraft Remote App.

Thank you for using Mixcraft!
Peter G

Re: ***Mixcraft 6 Remote App for iOS, Android just released!

Post by Peter G »

Woo hoo :shock:

This is just what i need!
Gonna try it later.

:?: Just a quick question: What versions of Android does it require?
I got an older tab at home that i would like to use with this type of app.
(think it is Froyo or something)

Thank you Acoustica!
groover888

Post by groover888 »

Hi i think the idea is great !

For a lot of people who can saves from buying a real controller!100$ and more...

Just asking would you change it with faders control?

THX

Groover
groover888

Post by groover888 »

:D Hi all,

I just bought even if i thought i wouldnt need it!

Actually it works perfectly!

And now i need it :P

just to go away from my controllers like playing drum and record from a couple of feets away ! WOW

Really a good use !
Thx for the product !

Groover!
lord_galathon

Post by lord_galathon »

groover888 wrote:Hi i think the idea is great !

For a lot of people who can saves from buying a real controller!100$ and more...

Just asking would you change it with faders control?

THX

Groover
YESS what he said. I was looking into buying a couple Korg Nanokontrol2 faders and daisychaining them via USB but using my old Android tablet would be 1000% better.
i7 6700K 4.0Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI motherboard
16Gb DDR4 RAM
ASUS Dual GeForce 1060GTX 3Gb
480Gb aData SSD SATA3
28" 4K Samsung monitor
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi Peter,

It requires Android 2.2 or higher. On the Apple side, it requires iOS 5 or higher.

Greg

Peter G wrote:Woo hoo :shock:

This is just what i need!
Gonna try it later.

:?: Just a quick question: What versions of Android does it require?
I got an older tab at home that i would like to use with this type of app.
(think it is Froyo or something)

Thank you Acoustica!
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

You say that the computer and ipad need to be on the same wireless network.

I have my desktop that runs Mixcraft connected via Ethernet cable to the router and my ipad is connected to the same router via wireless - will that work?
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Yes, that will work fine. As long as everything is connected to the same network, it will work great.

Dan
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Great Dan - Thanks
bob53050

Post by bob53050 »

WOW Thanks for building this :)

Bob
nick51

Post by nick51 »

Is this worth $10? Would be better if they made mixcraft compatible with the dozens of Full Featured apps already out there.
Everythingmanband

Post by Everythingmanband »

Really good to implement this, point blank. Mixcraft is gaining ground and has been for sometime. I use it as professional mixer and vocalist. I mentioned this near end of March and as we see more tablets being implemented tablet PCs etc. It will be good for all DAWS to implement this. Those that do not will lose out in competition. Also for the fact that Mixcraft can compete with many very well that are more costly I think that this was a necessary move.. Also Avid I have worked with to be honest the system backing Mixcraft six I do not see too many differences I like Mixcraft six better actually when I am teaching my artist production.. As an App I think this will run well with those who use apple IPads phones ETC. Especially the I-Pad which now seems to be going down in cost with other Pads such as the Galaxy and its new operating system which they just released. Tab PCs that are huge in Memory well in the future alot of us are going to want are physical equipment but nonetheless the push I see coming is big screen home studio touch PCs for now more portable.. I like the idea of being able to touch the screen just as I would a physical knob mixers and such.. Very awesome.. With a decent screen this will be fun.. Great Idea I remember the want to push this when emailing the team here at Acoustica.. I am seeing this great software rise up and do very well I love to promote it. I did better in learning on digital Audio Workstations starting with Mixcraft version 3 than any daw that was available. Now it has become simple; Version seven I am sure will implement tons of features I am wondering as constant betas for six are running and each time there are improvements.. I will say even though this may be off topic run a super Pro studio with seven giving the enthusiast that collects a pro mic. I loved the idea of Mix six with that great line of mics.. I have recommended this to many, and as soon as we beta test seven I must test drive it.. Peace team.. This is getting better I love mixcraft.. Lets be that team.. Ronald L Jack Baptist of Everythingmanband.
Luis Acuña

Post by Luis Acuña »

Great app! Nice looking interface, too. A couple of ideas to make it even better:

- Ability to arm and disarm tracks.
- Bluetooth connectivity.

Those two would solve the live performer's problem of needing to have the computer nearby to change patches between songs, or else having to bend down and reach it. Instead, one could put the computer out of the way and control it from a phone or tablet at hand. The bluetooth thing is because I wouldn't count on connecting to wifi when playing at a bar (or, I dream, a stadium!). :)

Luis Acuña
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

Oh how cool is this! I'm off to pay the wizard and use this puppy. Thanks Dan!
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

Well, it figures. Cannot connect to it. I enabled the app in Mixcraft, I allowed Mixcraft through the firewall and nothing. It sits there searching for Mixcraft.

Yes I am on the same Network, yes I tried stopping and putting in the IP address manually (I hit connect and it just sits there on the same screen). I have build 213...

I have Windows 8 by the way. Any help...?

Update: I tried it with another computer (The one connected via Ethernet directly to my Modem) and it works there.

However that is not my main Music production computer. I use one connected via wireless router on the same network. I put in the IP address of the computer I mainly use and it sits there...nada. So shouldn't it be able to connect via any computer on the network as long as mixcraft is running on there?

Let's see, what else can be thrown on top of all this? :roll: