Problems with pitch shifting sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Hi-brid

Problems with pitch shifting sounds

Post by Hi-brid »

Hi.
I've just switched from Audacity to Mixcraft for making mash-ups. It's better in most respects, but I'm having one major problem - I can't seem to manually adjust the pitch of a track if it is marginally out of key with the other track. I've read and re-read the instructions and tried changing pitch by entering number of semitones, but the pitch seems to remain exactly the same as it was.
I hope I'm just missing something really straightforward and that someone out there can put me right!
Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What version (and build) of Mixcraft are you using?

Greg
Hi-brid

Post by Hi-brid »

Hi.
Was using v3, b22 but now upgraded to b25 and I think the problem is solved - as long as I select each sound separately for pitch shifting it seems ok. Not sure it works doing "select all sounds on this track" though.
Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing pitch

Post by admin »

It only works on one sound at a time. Selecting all sounds on a track just selects them for moving or clipboard operations.

I hope that helps!
Hi-brid wrote:Hi.
Was using v3, b22 but now upgraded to b25 and I think the problem is solved - as long as I select each sound separately for pitch shifting it seems ok. Not sure it works doing "select all sounds on this track" though.
Many thanks.