When Select Cleaning & Effects

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

parkavenue99

When Select Cleaning & Effects

Post by parkavenue99 »

Crazy question for a newbie! When I record and make CD I see the Cleaning & Effect Preset which has a default of NO EFFECTS. At which time during the process do I select the type of correction that I want on the recording. I would assume that I select the SETTINGS button and make entry before I select the RECORD button??? Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: When Select Cleaning & Effects

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

On the "Preview and Edit..." screen, choose a cleaning effect after you record the audio, then play the audio to instantly hear the effect of the cleaning effect. Try different cleaning presets until you find one that sounds good.

Greg
parkavenue99

Post by parkavenue99 »

Do I have to play the complete audio or will PREVIEW work for the correction?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you can just preview it if you like, but that just plays the start and end of each track. It doesn't hurt to listen for a bit longer to see how the cleaning sounds.

Greg
parkavenue99

Post by parkavenue99 »

OK, thanks for the information.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Choosing a cleaning effect will apply instantly, you don;t have to record like that or listen back to the whole recording.
ozmose715

Post by ozmose715 »

I have the same type of question hi greg say I have a bunch of old tapes that are not music but speech teachings and sermons and when i play them back in the preview on the software they have that high treble sound or hiss maybe you call it I only want two tracks for each tape one per side of the tape now when I go to clean these I tried light tape cleaning in the effects and when it plays back it sounds good then it gets echo sounding or warble guide says use noise print cant I just use the light clean option and do nothing more or do I have to keep hitting the find next noise print shouldn't It apply the effect to the whole teaching the way I hear it in the beginning of playback preview is that how it will sound for the whole 45min teaching hope you get what i am saying thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You just need one good noise print. Try to find a section of the recording that has noise, but no speech or music. That is the perfect noise print.

If it still sounds bad with a good noise print selected, try a different cleaning effect.

Greg
ozmose715

Post by ozmose715 »

thanks greg yep that worked did clean anything all noise silenced what a great software program I love it.