Will Waves Tune Native Plugin Work With Mixcraft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

nlprod1

Will Waves Tune Native Plugin Work With Mixcraft?

Post by nlprod1 »

There is a nice special on the Waves Tune Native Vocal plugins that I want to purchase but was wondering if anyone has used them in Mixcraft before.

Thanks 8)

nlprod1
TrevsAudio

Re: Will Waves Tune Native Plugin Work With Mixcraft?

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!

No reason why it shouldn't - it supports VST - but make sure it has a 32 bit version. Mixcraft wont accept 64 bit plugins
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Actually, we've had some customers get frustrated with Waves Tune. You might be better off with Melodyne or Auto-Tune instead.

Greg
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Thanks for the correction Greg, I'm a Melodyne man myself - highly recommended :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
nlprod1

Post by nlprod1 »

Thanks all

There does still appear to be some problems rewire when trying to bring the plugin into mixcraft 6. Appreciate the heads up.

nlprod1
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Not intending to nose in or redirect the thread, but in addition:

It seems that my MC projects often get glitchy and buggy with Waves plug ins in general, and it seems to be a frequent comment here in the forums.
Any comments on why? Is it just certain ones, do they typically demand more resources? Any thoughts?

(I have my eye on adding a few, but am hesitant because of this.)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I've never had any problems with Waves plugins on either v5 or v6. I do have Waves Tune as part of a package but I've never bothered with it.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,
Actually, we've had some customers get frustrated with Waves Tune. You might be better off with Melodyne or Auto-Tune instead.
Greg
I found this instruction video on how to make Waves Tune work with Pro-Tools by using an auxilliary track, but I'm a bit baffled. Is it possible to translate this for use with Mixcraft? I'm sick of the destructiveness and poor quality of Melodyne and was hoping to give it a try.

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=11296
Brother Charles

Post by Brother Charles »

Waves Tune is arguably the BEST . . . the most transparent-sounding. Unfortunately, no, it doesn't work in MixCraft. It works well in Studio One though. I also use Melodyne. Melodyne is very good; Tune is great.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I've realised that Melodyne is killing the dynamism of my vocal tracks. Not only does it shave off the 'air', but it often destroys a good vocal by occasionally distorting vowel sounds, causing them to lose definition and making them sound like it's being sung with a throat full of phlegm.

I wonder if the Acoustica developers are making any attempts to resolve the incompatibility between Mixcraft and Waves-Tune? After all, it's a considerable handicap in not being able to use the best vocal correction software available.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This is the first time I've heard that Waves Tune Native is "the best."

We would have to implement an option to have Mixcraft act as a Rewire slave, and we don't currently have plans to do that.

Greg
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Acoustica Greg wrote: This is the first time I've heard that Waves Tune Native is "the best."
It surely can't be any worse than Melodyne. I've been finding people in various other forums confirming my findings about Melodyne, that it does destroy the fidelity and life of whatever goes into it. The consensus I've found is that Waves-Tune is better, more natural, and it produces less artefacts.
Acoustica Greg wrote: We would have to implement an option to have Mixcraft act as a Rewire slave, and we don't currently have plans to do that.
It was promised that Waves Tune would be made compatible with Mixcraft 6 through the implementation of Rewire, but now it seems that Mixcraft's Rewire feature wasn't even tested on Waves Tune at all, otherwise the incompatibility would have been realised. Yet even now there are no plans to resolve this issue, despite the fact that the Acoustica website claims that Mixcraft Rewire will allow Rewire-compatible music software to be used with Mixcraft itself. Under these circumstances I would have thought this issue should be given higher priority, hopefully before anyone else splashes out hard-earned money on Waves Tune and then finds Mixcraft unable to live up to its promise. There are laws in the European Union that act against that.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When we refer to Rewire support, we're talking about Mixcraft acting as a Rewire master, controlling another application. Apparently, implementing a Rewire slave feature would be quite a task. As with any feature, the software developers have to weigh the benefits of taking on a development task like that. I'll pass your feedback along.

Greg
Grayhem

Post by Grayhem »

I have just found out THE HARD WAY that Wave Tune is not functioning correctly within Mixcraft 6. This is such a shame as I was able to get this well renowned plugin for only $49 [ down from $400 ]
Are there any plans to correct the incompatibility? Mixcraft 7 having Rewire 'slave' functionality?
This was my first tuning plugin that i hoped would be my tuning solution, in that it was Rewire, but it is not working right and basically useless. My request would be . . . please work on the Rewire 'slave' feature ? :(

Many thanks
Graeme
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg