Suggestions for cost-effective Inkjet DVD/CD printer?

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

hoser1

Suggestions for cost-effective Inkjet DVD/CD printer?

Post by hoser1 »

My HP D5160 DVD printer has conked out ... and dispite spending hours with HP support I can't get it running again (flashing exclamation point and flashing power button if anyone has any ideas ...)

I expect I'll have to replace it I don't need top of the line quality, just something reliable that will print directly to CDs / DVDs and won't kill me on the purchase price or cost of ink...

It looks like HP no longer sells CD printers ... It appears Epson and Canon both sell them,
I wouldn't mind replacing my HP All-in-one with a new All-in-one that also does DVDs....

Any suggestions appreciated!
THANKS!
Jim
Peru

Re: Suggestions for cost-effective Inkjet DVD/CD printer?

Post by Peru »

I had this happen to my D5160.
I unplugged the power and USB and put in new cartridges and it solved my problem.]

Also make sure that no ink has leaked on the electrical contacts on the cartridge or in the printer. If so, clean well.

I don't trust HP support. After 18 hours on the phone with them when I initially purchased the printer, they finally said that their printing software would not work with my Windows XP MC SP3 system. That's why I now use Acoustica. I am now using it with Windows 7 in virtual XP mode since the W7 HP drivers won't work for me on my W7 machine.
hoser1

Post by hoser1 »

Thanks Peru!

I tried the cartridge trick and also checked to be sure everything was clean but no luck ....
I got a few other tips from the HP forums, but none of them worked for me ...
It's a pity there is no good way to troubleshoot the problem.

After reading some reviews I think I am going to get an Epson XP-850 ...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We do have a template for the Epson XP-850. Just download and install the label update from this page: Supported Labels and Direct-to-CD Printers.

Greg
hoser1

Post by hoser1 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

We do have a template for the Epson XP-850. Just download and install the label update from this page: Supported Labels and Direct-to-CD Printers.

Greg
Thanks Greg....
Printer has been ordered ... I just d/l the update and Norton AV deleted it ... :lol:
They say your reputation is not proven ... :oops:

http://www.symantec.com/security_respon ... os=windows

I told Norton to lay off.... :mrgreen: