Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by Acoustica Dan »

jlouvar wrote:I haven’t read this whole thread, so I don’t know if it’s already been suggested or not but - allow the musical typing window to stay open along with a VST edit window. Also adding the Ozone dynamic mastering compressor would be very cool and of course adding to the library is always a big plus.
Hi Joe,

The Musical Typing window can already stay open along with as many VST edit windows as you'd like. There's no reason to close the Musical Typing keyboard. You do however have to click on the Musical Typing window to activate it after using the VST edit window, because most VST edit windows are capable of accepting typing (i.e. naming patches) and you wouldn't want your keyboard commands being 'intercepted' by the Musical Typing keyboard if that's not what you wanted.

By 'adding the the library' I assume you mean adding more loops -- but in case that's not what you meant, Mixcraft 6 does allow you to import your own loops into the library.

Thanks for using Mixcraft!

Dan
bbdrmz

Post by bbdrmz »

The ability to put a curve in the timeline (bpm) from pointA to pointB. I hate trying to draw in a volume curve, or effect in small measurement intervals. Much easier to set point A & B and have an instananeous, perfect curve in time. 8)
"I am thankful to all those who said no. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Agreed
Savont

Post by Savont »

hi, I posted this elsewhere, in any case, My idea is that you create a popup form that doesnt include all the other track layout stuff. And layout all the voices to be shown in a rectangular grid layout instead. If you have a touch screen pc, or laptop, you virtually have a korg kronos / windows8 style control panel (the screen bit) with access to as many preset sounds as you have tracks. For the average user, this makes the pc a realtime synth, you can play along with other tracks on the fly and change to other sounds (tracks) really quickly. later of course acoustica could add other things like double touch for editing. so my suggestion is with this popup form, get it to read the tracks and assign the voices as it loads and also allow it to stretch full screen. That would turn mixcraft into a virtual instrument controller, this shouldnt be hard to do.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Acoustica Dan wrote:
jlouvar wrote:I haven’t read this whole thread, so I don’t know if it’s already been suggested or not but - allow the musical typing window to stay open along with a VST edit window. Also adding the Ozone dynamic mastering compressor would be very cool and of course adding to the library is always a big plus.
Hi Joe,

The Musical Typing window can already stay open along with as many VST edit windows as you'd like. There's no reason to close the Musical Typing keyboard. You do however have to click on the Musical Typing window to activate it after using the VST edit window, because most VST edit windows are capable of accepting typing (i.e. naming patches) and you wouldn't want your keyboard commands being 'intercepted' by the Musical Typing keyboard if that's not what you wanted.

By 'adding the the library' I assume you mean adding more loops -- but in case that's not what you meant, Mixcraft 6 does allow you to import your own loops into the library.

Thanks for using Mixcraft!

Dan
Thanks Dan, now I understand.

And yes, I meant adding more loops - and drum loops (and kits) in particular.

Anyway, Mixcraft 6 Pro is AWESOME software and thanks again for explaining the musical typing/VTS edit windows.

Joe
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
helstor

Post by helstor »

How about MDI support so you can have one instance of the program open and different projects in seperate windows instead of having to open one instances of the program for each project.
bibbis

Post by bibbis »

helstor wrote:How about MDI support so you can have one instance of the program open and different projects in seperate windows instead of having to open one instances of the program for each project.
Yes I second that suggestion!

And it's probably already been suggested but I would love to be able to customize the keyboard shortcut keys.
ricardoh

Post by ricardoh »

Savont wrote:hi, I posted this elsewhere, in any case, My idea is that you create a popup form that doesnt include all the other track layout stuff. And layout all the voices to be shown in a rectangular grid layout instead. If you have a touch screen pc, or laptop, you virtually have a korg kronos / windows8 style control panel (the screen bit) with access to as many preset sounds as you have tracks. For the average user, this makes the pc a realtime synth, you can play along with other tracks on the fly and change to other sounds (tracks) really quickly. later of course acoustica could add other things like double touch for editing. so my suggestion is with this popup form, get it to read the tracks and assign the voices as it loads and also allow it to stretch full screen. That would turn mixcraft into a virtual instrument controller, this shouldnt be hard to do.
That's an interesting take on how to make use of touch-enabled OS, & would this also work with a keyboard inputting through a low latency interface, or would there still be enough of a delay to make it not a "realtime synth" experience?

My other question/comment relating to future of Mixcraft is this. It is obvious that Avid, Presonus & others are ensuring adoption of their DAW's by bundling versions of them with their own branded audio interfaces. In other cases, such as Behringer with newly relaunched Traktion, there's a tie in. I think this arrangement very likely to increase market share of these bundled DAWs, and my question is, does Acoustica have plans to do similar, either with Acoustica branded interface, or via a relationship with another hardware maker? It seems like others are very deliberately taking this approach.
skowog

Post by skowog »

crispyw67 wrote:someone joked about being able to hum a tune in and Mixcraft guesses what the entire production should sound like, but seriously - what about a basic pitch to midi tool? e.g. - you sing in a basic melody and mixcraft converts it to midi ready for editing?
you read my mind! Talk about appealing to people just starting out, not to mention getting that idea down quickly.
skowog

Post by skowog »

Anorax wrote:
Impulseman wrote:I was starting composing a new song and I tought of something useful for Mixcraft 7:

A small text editor, only for basic writing (note pad like) that would save and load with the project, with printing options, for when we have important notes to take or sudden new lyrics that we don't want to forget, instead of opening Note pad, and switching back every time.
It would open (or not) when the song plays back, like a video. And the option to keep it floating, as we wish, like a Piano Roll.

I guess that wouldn't be too heavy on Mixcraft. Unless one wants to write a 500 pages book with his song :lol:

Thank you!

Kind of like the HTML text thing found in FruityLoops? Yeah, that'd be awesome! It'd also be FANTASTIC for anyone who wants to make hands-on tutorials for Mixcraft
Sorry I am a late comer to this thread,I could have saved you some grief,(yikes!)...
I asked about this on a separate post, Acoustica Eric suggested using third party plugins.There are a lot of them that you can find with a quick google search,just drop one in your vst folder and select it as an effect. I ended up using Track Notepad and Track Pad2X.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

gypsy101 wrote:
Rambler40 wrote:Already mentioned and noted by Greg but, ability to create sub-folders to categorize VST menu effects by type (ie: compression VSTs, limiter VSTs, etc).
this or just a highlight & scroll up/down drop/drag type of feature for individual presets w/in each effect.that may not be possible w/ 3rd party effects though.

bounce down tracks in a submix w/ record from routing like I mentioned in another thread

master effects bypass per track

when switching to large track view have it stay on the same track you're working on.I seem to have to scroll to find that track.

a merge function for 2 different tracks similar to merging an overdub but w/out copy/pasting into 1 track.

a pop up clipboard window for song notes kinda like the old Windows XP paperclip helper wizard guy. I'm not sure how to explain that one better.lol
as an experiment I tried just adding a marker & typing in lyrics to see how far I could go but after about the third line it locked everything up & I had to reboot. :lol:
pavel88

Post by pavel88 »

hi! here are my suggestions..

1. option to merge audio tracks from different lanes
2. instead of having to use an external wave editor, have a built-in very simple editor
3. an option to "finalize" an audio file. explanation - if i have a file with volume markers on it, to easily export and import a new modified file with all the volume changes integral.
4. mixcraft should automatically find the available sound card and to choose it before loading the program. i'm not talking about installing new drivers but to automatically handle the existing drivers.

i have 2 sound cards, one is built in the laptop and one is external. not always when i'm travelling i have my external one and it sometimes mixcraft crashes because it remembers my last session and the card i used back then.

important
---------
i have a pretty standard laptop pc - i3 4gb ddr with an external audio interface (lexicon u22).
when working on a project with 15+ tracks, the playback tends to get stuck or stutter in certain parts of it. of course i have effects and midi tracks that eat a lot of computing power but still, same operations run well on other DAWs with the same computer.

amazing software!
ratline

Post by ratline »

my suggestions:

1. 64bit
2. a darker workspace, maybe a dark grey or black. a darker windows toolbar, maybe a black or dark grey.
3. a surround panner
4. more video codecs support like .mov, omf
5. i love the simple interface, that shouldn't change ever
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

ratline wrote:4. more video codecs support like .mov, omf
Mixcraft 6 will load all sorts of video codecs if you have the correct Windows video codecs installed. Try downloading a video codec pack like this one.
Gorran_DeRaps

Post by Gorran_DeRaps »

More VST effects.