Delete files after converting

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Chrissie

Delete files after converting

Post by Chrissie »

I'm looking into this program, but I think that I read somewhere, that the program doesn't delete the original file after converting it. Is there an option in the program so it would delete the original file, and is it possible to save the converted file in whichever folder I wanted to, for instance, could I choose to store the converted file into the same file as the original, or browse to choose a different file?
Thanks Chrissie
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi Chrissie,

No, the converter just doesn't have the option to delete the original files automatically. You can convert to the same folder, but new files will be created alongside the old ones.

The trick to converting to the same folder is to make a single period the converted audio files directory in options.

Greg
Chrissie

Post by Chrissie »

K, thanks for replying. Is there any chance that the option to delete the original file after converting will be in a future version?
Thanks from Chrissie
Doug

Overwrite files?

Post by Doug »

I often use this program to convert MP3 files to a smaller format (e.g., stereo to mono). Currently, every time I convert a file it creates a new file name (the old file followed by a "1"). For me, an even better than deleting files would be to include a (general) option simply overwrite them. Is that possible?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We never want to overwrite the original files in case of some kind of error or failure, or maybe you just don't like the way the converted file sounds.

Greg