flam , ghost notes, unwanted quiet notes -

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

dodgeboy121

flam , ghost notes, unwanted quiet notes -

Post by dodgeboy121 »

1 . how do you create a flam without going through the hassle of making like 64th notes and all that ?

2. ghost notes .. how do you minic ghost notes and snare "buzz rolls" ... when i simply make a note a lot quieter its not the sound im going for rather it sounds like a second hit just quieter ... but not a ghost note ... hopefully that makes since.

3. im having an issue .. not all the time ... sometimes when i make a beat and play it looped one of the notes will be either silent or very quiet with all levels normal no muting or anything it just does it on it own ... when i play it once it sounds normal ... when i put it in a sequence it does cuts the sound again ... kinda annoying ...

thats all for now thanks -
bbdrmz

Re: flam , ghost notes, unwanted quiet notes -

Post by bbdrmz »

This is more of a programming/ editing question, but I'll try to keep it simple.
Yes if you hit the same note/sample and simply lower the volume of it, it's not going to represent what most drummer's would consider a ghost note. A ghost note has it's own tone according to the velocity of which the drum is hit. Therefore, use a secondary sample that is more consistent with the sound your looking for as that ghost note. Simply add the sample to whichever drum sampler your using, copy and paste the notes you want to move in the midi editor. And of course re set the velocities to taste.
"I am thankful to all those who said no. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
bbdrmz

Post by bbdrmz »

Flams are usually really close to 64th notes depending on tempo. You are editing drum's. There's no easy way to do this beyond physically playing the notes.
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
bbdrmz

Post by bbdrmz »

If you're looping, and getting notes cut one of the notes may be out side of your loop. Check the midi editor at full zoom.
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM