Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

thesoundsmith

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by thesoundsmith »

A way to globally reset soloed tracks. Also a way to zero all faders pNs and eq
It's all about the music. Really. I keep telling myself that...
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

MC7 request: Add the searchable attribute to the library for time signatures. I have added many hundreds of loops to my MC6 library and I dont see a way of finding say, 3/4 loops easily. 'Nuff said
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

very important:
single track export without effects - centered, just the rough material for giving ahead to a mixing engineer.

Another great function would be to disable all effects with one click. As nowdays recording and mixing goes hand in hand with homeproducers. It's often (for me at least) not just pure tracking and after pure mixing..its an interactive process. And If i want to add somewhere a guitar but there are 20 tracks mixed already there are big latency issues.

Thanks !
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

Another one (hope not already mentioned):

To linke track faders to reduce or increase volume from a few tracks or whole project keeping the relations between them.
MikeDVI

Repeat last command function

Post by MikeDVI »

Hi all -

I offer that a "repeat last command" option would be cool. If you are familiar with excel, this is the "CTRL-Y" keystroke.

Examples:

1) Adjust a track envelope button in automation to 87%. A "repeat last" function would let you mouse over the next envelope button and with a quick keystroks set it the same, vs manually clicking the settings.

2) Set a tracks' eq to 10% boost on the high gain, you could easily repeat to get the same setting on the next track if needed. (Handy for stereo tracks).

Can't wait for MC7!

Thanks! Mike
MX10.5 Pro Studio B 586. Presonus 1818vsl AI, Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 64-GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 2060, 1 and 2 TB SSD’s + 1 and 2 TB spinner sata’s, cookies and coffee.
Plural

Post by Plural »

Track delay would be useful for vstis where the samples need to open up by 50 ms or so before the beat e.g. The Ample guitars libraries. This prevents the samples sounding truncated and unnatural. There still seems to be an issue where the initial midi notes recorded do not sound even though they are there on the piano roll. Not a suggestion as such but you really do need to fix that. It would be great to see some integration with ipad and other ios devices so people could have a really flexible workflow. I would like to see some more mastering tools too.
LucasVincent

Post by LucasVincent »

I mentioned it in another post, but I would like to be able to mix Submix tracks down to a single audio track. A drum replacement plugin would be beyond awesome as well!! :P
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

if there should happen to be an update to or new amp sims how about throwing in a couple of different bass heads & cabs.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

if there should happen to be an update to or new amp sims how about throwing in a couple of different bass heads & cabs.
Blayze

Post by Blayze »

How about something like a Live Sampler? quickly and easily make a sample with your own vsti's e.t.c and then drag and drop into a sampler? and make it compatible with things like the novation launchpad or novation launchkey sampler? would be great for doing live performances rather than production! but for things like the launchkey it is both a keyboard and sampler pad, so you could play samples through the sampler, then choose a sound you've made with a vsti and be able to play it on the midi keyboard! that would be boss and would save me having to get ableton live and all that crap for live performances, id much rather stay with mixcraft:D
SoundSquire

Post by SoundSquire »

I would like one of the features of Mixcraft 7 to be teaser updates on development and maybe some juicy leaked details on a couple new clicky thingy's. :mrgreen:
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

No limitations on the tempo and also would like to see a feature where you can share mixcraft projects with people, maybe have mixcraft zip copy all the plugins and/or songs, samples used into that project file which you can share. That would be cool. :P
Trine Records

Post by Trine Records »

movable transport, so we can put it where it's most accessible.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Ikmb wrote:No limitations on the tempo and also would like to see a feature where you can share mixcraft projects with people, maybe have mixcraft zip copy all the plugins and/or songs, samples used into that project file which you can share. That would be cool. :P
we can share w/ other MC users as is but for 3rd party DAWs just mix down to individual WAV files & zip. :wink:
Grayhem

Post by Grayhem »

The thing I would love to see is graphical pitch editing for audio/vocal tracks that creates a really transparent sounding edit [like there IS no edit - just nice, in tune vocals :) ] Many DAWs have this [Digital Performer, Cubase etc] and you can buy good plugins - but Ive never been able to get them working properly within Mixcraft. I bought Wave tune but had no success. I have even considered buying another DAW just for this Pitch Edit feature - but they are SO complicated that its not worth it.
If Mixcraft could be developed to have a really excellent pitch editor - as good, if not better than, these other DAWs - then it's going to tick so many boxes for many people.
To me, its the last big missing feature of Mixcraft.
Do you not agree that it would be excellent to have this? :D

ps - sorry for the massive image!
Attachments
PItch Editing.JPG
PItch Editing.JPG (77.85 KiB) Viewed 7623 times