Nuendo 5, Windows 7, 64 Bit - Pianissimo won't work

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

Studio08

Nuendo 5, Windows 7, 64 Bit - Pianissimo won't work

Post by Studio08 »

Hi,

First of all, Pianissimo is a great sounding daw-plugin (or standalone), which I bought a couple of years ago. I used it on my previous 32bit computer. However, now I bought a new Windows 7, 64 Bit computer, with Software Nuendo.

When activating Pianissimo, the Nuendo-bridge application crashes. So, unfortunately, it won't work. Do you have a solution for this? Or is there maybe an update for Pianissimo coming, so it can run smoothly under 64 bit?

Pianissimo is really far too good and would be a shame to not use it.

Best regards,
Peter
Acoustica Greg

Re: Nuendo 5, Windows 7, 64 Bit - Pianissimo won't work

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Your computer is 64-bit, but are you also running a 64-bit version of the Nuendo? We do not have a 64-bit version of Pianissimo, and we don't have any plans to update Pianissimo in the immediate future. You can use the VST Bridge to run 32-bit plugins like Pianissimo, or you could run the 32-bit version of Nuendo.

Greg
Studio08

Post by Studio08 »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, both computer and nuendo 5 are 64-bit. No option to run 32-bit.....
The Nuendo VST-Bridge won't work. Last option could be to use JBridge.

But, really too bad there won't be an updated version for 64-bit. Thanks for for reply though.

Best regards,

Peter
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Jbridge works great for the testing I did with it.
muzikaddikt

Post by muzikaddikt »

Hi,

I just ran across this one year old thread... Today virtually all computers are sold with 64 bit OS, and 32 bit stuff is pretty much legacy technology (though compatible with 64bit apps through bridging, I know). Pianissimo is a nice plugin with great value, but it's becoming outdated. One year later, still no plan to release a 64bit version to keep up with the current technology? Makes me wonder if this good product is still maintained...

Regards
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Mixcraft 7 will have 32 and 64 bit versions. Pianissimo already works on both 32 and 64 bit daws, and it's not a huge resource hog, so I guess I don't see the benefit of making a 64 bit version, it would perform exactly the same on all the exact same daws.
Tapper Mike

Post by Tapper Mike »

The only true value of 64bit is when you break the 4gig ram mark. Usually to do something like that it's a case of "Trance" Where one may have 100's of loops and vsti's running simultaneously yet don't want to submix to early and still want all the headroom the univers has to offer.

Any additional headroom provided by 64 bit daws is lost when it comes time to mixdown. Because if you don't apply a great deal of compression/limiting and bring down the levels you'll most likely experience cliping in the exported format.

Even if you do export to a high quality sample rate that may change on upload. Many hosted services recompress on upload as it keeps files size on the server smaller but more importantly reduces bandwidth. I've seen a lot of this for myself something that sounds great in the daw and I get it to sound as good in the mixdown but when I upload it to a server they recompress and the headroom that wasn't clipping prior is now clipping.