CD won't play in one player

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

jbtex784

CD won't play in one player

Post by jbtex784 »

This is a question I had submitted a few days ago through your Support; I have not been able to get my Sony Walkman(it's been around a few years) to play a CD made by S.I.A. The CDs will play on other players though. Since then I was loaned some other software to experiment with and it too couldn't make a CD to play in the Sony Walkman.
However, I had a CD-RW and figured it was worth a try. The other program allowed a burn speed down to 4x on the CD-RW and so it did it and it worked! But the CD-RW wouldn't play at all on the other players, which is ok, I was just experimenting.
I have Windows XP, I'm using Sony Audio CD-R blanks and I've tried burning in different formats; WAV and WMA.
Since the only CD to play in it was burned at 4x, is there a way to adjust it way down in S.I.A.? I've only seen where it offers 48x or fastest.
Thank you
Acoustica Greg

Re: CD won't play in one player

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

CD-R discs will generally work in more players than CD-RW discs will. If you can't get the burn speed setting you want from Spin It Again, you can create wav files out of your tracks and burn the CD using the other software.

Greg
jbtex784

Post by jbtex784 »

Will the effects added on a sound file in Spin it Again carry over to another program to burn the CD?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, if you create audio files, the effects would be there.

Greg
electra225

Post by electra225 »

I had an old Sony Walkman that would not play homemade CD's period. All the other CD players, including the ones in the cars, would play fine. I tossed the Walkman. Many of the first CD players that came out will not accurately "read" homemade CD's, and still others will not play CD's that are completely full, with over 12 tracks or so.
jbtex784

Post by jbtex784 »

That was my first suspicion and you just confirmed it. Mine may not be as old; it will play some homemade CDs that other people have given me. It's definitly the pickiest of the CD players. Thank you for that information.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

For anybody else reading this, there are also a large number of CD players that won't play CD-RW discs, but will play CD-R discs.

Greg