CD players do not recognize separate tracks

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

tormouse

CD players do not recognize separate tracks

Post by tormouse »

Hi Greg,

I recently completed a recording with 12 tracks. I successfully edited the track separations and then typed in ID information for each track. I then burned a CD with the Primo engine. The problem is that the CD player (a Bose) recognizes only the first track. If I try to skip to a subsequent track, it does not skip - it tries to go to track 2 and then ceases to play. However, if I just start with the first track, the CD plays through all tracks to the end. In other words, it acts as though the whole CD is one track, EXCEPT, when I try to skip to a new track, the CD player actually lists all 12 tracks if I keep pushing the skip button. It seems as though the CD player knows that tracks are there, but it can't skip to them. I have made several different recordings at this point - I went back and reviewed them and they all seem to have the same problem. I tried playing a couple of them in a 2012 Subaru Outback and the same issue exists. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Tom Brewer
Acoustica Greg

Re: CD players do not recognize separate tracks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does it do the same thing when you play it on your computer? What kind of discs are you using? If they are CD-RW discs, try switching to CD-R discs, or try a different brand of CD-R disc if you're already using CD-R.

Greg
tormouse

Post by tormouse »

Hi Greg,

The CDs are from Staples and are Staples CDRs, 80 minute 700MB 52x. They play correctly in the computer and I have no trouble switching between tracks there. I live in the boonies but the next time I am near an appropriate store I will get some name brand CDs. Should I try using one of the older burn programs?

Tom
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can also try burning at a lower burn speed with Spin It Again.

You can certainly try burning with a different program to see if you can get the players to recognize the CDs. Just create audio files with Spin It Again and load them into the other burn program.

Greg
electra225

Post by electra225 »

I transfer the files from SIA to Windows Media Player. I use the cheapest CD's I can find, usually Memorex. Some ancient CD players like Sony Walkman and such will not play homemade CD's. Still others will not play CD's with over about 12 tracks. Some programs will not separate the tracks for CD players to recognize them.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

electra225 wrote:I transfer the files from SIA to Windows Media Player. I use the cheapest CD's I can find, usually Memorex. Some ancient CD players like Sony Walkman and such will not play homemade CD's. Still others will not play CD's with over about 12 tracks. Some programs will not separate the tracks for CD players to recognize them.
CD-R discs are recognized by more CD players than CD-RW discs.