No playback during preview

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

sinojackia

No playback during preview

Post by sinojackia »

I am using Spin It Again on my new Windows 8.1 desktop. The problem I am having is that when I first fire up Spin It Again and have recorded an album, everything during preview works perfectly. I can hear the 5 seconds at the beginning and the end of a track. I can also click on the arrow that plays the entire album and everything works fine. However, when I record and then attempt to preview another album, nothing works. Not only do I not get any playback, but the cursor showing the location of the playback does not move when previewing or playing back nor does the "time" number change. Any thoughts or solutions?
Acoustica Greg

Re: No playback during preview

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using version 2.5 build 46? If you go into Spin It Again's audio settings, check your Playback Device selection. If it's set to "Default Wave Device," try changing it to a specific playback device that reliably produces sound.

Greg
sinojackia

Post by sinojackia »

First, how do I know what build I am using? I tried to find out before posting, but there is no typical "about" or a location in "help" which would normally show what build is executing for most other programs as far as I can easily find. As far as playback is concerned, it is set to USB (an HP 7000 headphone device). But the device is irrelevant.

I want to emphasize, the problem is not in the playback device. If so, it would not work in the first place. The problem is that somehow, the playback works one time, and afterwords does not work at all. Regardless of the playback device and whether or not Spin It Again was communicating with it, the cursor should progress through the song and the time counter should increase as Spin It Again was playing through the song. This is the problem, regardless of the playback device.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The version and build are visible at the top of Spin It Again's screen.

Let's try a few things to narrow down the problem. Do you have "Default Wave Device" selected for the Playback Device setting? If so, and you switch the setting to your USB headphone's device driver, is the problem the same?

If you choose your computer sound card's speakers as the playback device is the problem the same?

Greg