Pattern Editor+Sequencer is the perfect MIDI Drum Sequencer!

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

doubleDizz

Pattern Editor+Sequencer is the perfect MIDI Drum Sequencer!

Post by doubleDizz »

This is frustrating me so much, I hope it falls on perceptive ears within your company.

Many (many) years ago, I began my journey into home audio recording with two Acoustica products: Mixcraft and Beatcraft. They were strong, stable applications to learn on. After a couple of years, I made the move from Mixcraft into other DAW's, mostly to allow easier collaborations with other home-body audiophiles (who were all either using Reaper, Cubase or PT.) But even though I moved away from Mixcraft, Beatcraft remained my primary drum app.

I had honed, sculpted, finely tuned those drums so much; people were surprised when I told them they were midi drums! But after many (many) years, I've hit a wall.

I'm now conducting semi-professional (hmm, maybe I should say "amateur-professional") recording services (mostly demos) for friends and friends of friends. And due to the wider variety of music I'm now recording, I require a larger and more varied sample library that: Sounds good, I can access quickly, and does not require any "sculpting".

For these reasons I have taken up EZ Drummer.

I use EZ Drummer because I don't have to worry about a kick drum or tom drum being perfectly EQ'd and panned before I render a sequence. I can separate drums into tracks and mix in one application, instead of jumping back and forth, re-rendering sequences and cutting and pasting audio samples.

Yet, there is ONE MAJOR ASPECT Beatcraft does better than anyone else, and that's the Pattern Editor and Sequencer! That UI is golden. And kills every other drum sequencer and virtual midi controller UI out there.

So here is my plea....

PLEASE create a MIDI drum sequencer application from the existing Pattern Editor and Sequencer within Beatcraft! Charge me $20, $30... $39.95 (that's probably my limit) for it if you need to!

You've have the BEST midi sequencer layout for YEARS, but it's time you made some money from it. The internet is FULL of pages of people's complaining about the difficulty of writing virtual midi sequences for applications like EZ Drummer. Offer them your UI, they all want it without even realising.

I know Acoustica has had an opinion that midi drums are not important or they are outdated, but you only have to look at what your entire competition is doing to see that opinion is incorrect. MIDI drums are the BEST way to record virtual drums.

Hope to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pattern Editor+Sequencer is the perfect MIDI Drum Sequen

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We haven't had an opinion that MIDI drums are outdated or unimportant, we just don't have the manpower to work on too many projects at once. Mixcraft has been dominating our efforts in recent years.

Thank you for your feedback!

Greg
bbdrmz

Post by bbdrmz »

:-o8-)
"I am thankful to all those who said no. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Just happened across this old post and had to add: :lol:
So here is my plea....
PLEASE create a MIDI drum sequencer application from the existing Pattern Editor and Sequencer within Beatcraft! Charge me $20, $30... $39.95 (that's probably my limit) for it if you need to!
With the sequencer "open" (in that we can drop in wav samples of our choosing), place the MIDI sequencer in the editor tab of MC 7. Please! And I'm far more serious than $39.95! 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page