spin it again-no stereo on recording and audio hum.

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

bvg

spin it again-no stereo on recording and audio hum.

Post by bvg »

When recording a stereo lp, Spin it again doesn't capture both channels-I get a sort of echo from the vocals from one of the channels. I didn't use to have this problem. I'm wondering if there is a setting i've inadvertently changed by mistake. Or perhaps the turntable usb cable is not working.

The other problem I have is that there is an audible hum during recording (and on playback). I now use spin it again on vaio t series ultrabook (windows eight). I used to do projects on a desktop and didn't have this audible AC hum when recording. I know it comes from the power cord of the laptop-when I unplug the laptop it stops. The problem is I can only do projects for as long as the battery lasts. Do you know of something I can purchase that removes filters out ac hum from a power cord?

Thank you,

Brad Van Grack
outteh

Re: spin it again-no stereo on recording and audio hum.

Post by outteh »

A simple surge suppresor on the AC line (preferably one with grounding capabilty) might help with the hum. They also make AC line transformers that reduce hum - here's some:

[urlhttp://www.zzounds.com/cat--Hum-Eliminators--2757][/url]

Not capturing the stereo sound also sounds like a cable problem. If you play it through something else do you still get the echo?
bvg

Post by bvg »

Thanks Tom.
IT's already plugged into a surge suppresor but I will look into the ac line transformers.
I will try the cable with another laptop. Strangely I'm recording something else in stereo now and it's not a problem.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Could have been a loose cable on the turntable. I have the EBtech Hum X ground loop eliminator and it works great. :)
bvg

Post by bvg »

Thanks Tom. I'm thinking its a cable problem too. Do they sell the cables that come with these usb turntables? I'll google it or look on amazon.