armed track not playing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

youaregreat

armed track not playing

Post by youaregreat »

so I was in playback mode and added a Virtual Instrument, froze up a little but then it started running again.(i immediately save case this shit crashes all the time). Then I touch the keyboard keys, no track is armed, but it starts to play from an unarmed track, (presumably the last on I had armed.) I set the instrument(an acoustica instrument) to the freshly added track and arm it, play my keyboard and nothing happens. turn on and off the midi keyboard, un-arm and re-arm the track, nothing. I try arming other midi tracks, they work. I delete the malfunctioning track and add a new one, still not working. And I just fucked the log file by accidentally opening the damn program again. God damn it.
youaregreat

Re: armed track not playing

Post by youaregreat »

Next time it happens ill try to get some relevant data to you all (because it has happens every once in a while). So stupid, why did I open mix-craft, my mechanical memory has failed me again.
youaregreat

Post by youaregreat »

that project seems to be corrupted now. I can't get any new midi tracks to arm. I've restarted mix craft twice. I'm considering a system reboot (sort of doubt that will work but ill try it) fortunately I've begun a practice of saving my projects after every change I make because this program is completely unreliable. So disappointed.
youaregreat

Post by youaregreat »

OMG I'm so fucking stupid. I apologize profusely for wasting your guys time. Figured it out. one word Solo.

The god damn solo was on I'm a fucking idiot.

but it still crashes a lot, not crazy, just retarded.
youaregreat

Post by youaregreat »

I guess you can't idiot proof these things.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We'll be responding to your support ticket shortly.

Greg
appleivy

Post by appleivy »

I have the same problem. When I start a new project i can add a midi track no problem, but after I add a audio track I can no longer get midi to come through.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

appleivy wrote:I have the same problem. When I start a new project i can add a midi track no problem, but after I add a audio track I can no longer get midi to come through.
Hi,

Did you check to see if you have any solo buttons selected? That was what caused the problem for the person who created this topic.

Greg