Not able to print direct to CD/DVD

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

stuferg40

Not able to print direct to CD/DVD

Post by stuferg40 »

I have an EPSON Stylus Photo R360. I used to be able to print direct onto CD/DVD's using this printer, but somehow it seems to have disabled this function. When attempting to print direct to a CD/DVD, I get a warning on the printer saying "The front tray is in the CD/DVD position. Pull up the tray lever to lower the front tray to the paper position". This is confusing because when I do take the tray out and do as it requests, it prints out onto a blank sheet of paper?!?! It just won't accept printing onto a disc. For info, I have selected the correct format at the bottom of the page, i.e. 'Epson Stylus Photo R360 full-faced printable CD/DVD'. I am thinking that this may be due to an update?
Further to my problem, when I select 'Print', it does not give me the option of selecting the CD/DVD tray from options, it just shows 'Automatically Select' in the paper bin.
Help, I'm pulling my hair out - well, what is left of it anyway!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Not able to print direct to CD/DVD

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click Print. Do you have "Epson Stylus Photo R360 full-faced printable CD/DVD" selected in the "Paper Type" setting? If not, then that's the problem.

If you do have that selected, look at the "Name" setting. Make sure you've got the correct printer driver selected (it's possible to have an out-of-date printer driver installed).

Finally, click Properties and look at the settings for your computer. Make sure that it is set to print directly to CD/DVD in its own settings.

Greg
stuferg40

Post by stuferg40 »

I have both selected, both in the name, and in the paper box at the bottom. With regards to the
last suggestion, all the properties gives me is the layout (orientation, print both sides), and paper quality which only gives me the option in the tray selection Media of Plain Paper, Photo Paper (glossy, or Photo Paper (matte). It does not give me the option of CD tray ?!?!?!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If your printer doesn't offer the option of printing on a CD tray, then Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker won't be able to do that. If you click on the Printer Name setting (on the label maker's Print dialog), are there other printers available? Make sure you've got the correct printer selected there.

Greg
stuferg40

Post by stuferg40 »

Print.jpg
Print.jpg (65.96 KiB) Viewed 11557 times
The printer is shown, and it prints to paper, it just won't print to discs

when I click on the Properties button, this is the only options that it gives me?
Attachments
Paper.jpg
Paper.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 11557 times
Peru

Post by Peru »

Is the option there if you change it on the dropdown where it now shows "Automatically Select" in the first screen capture?
stuferg40

Post by stuferg40 »

No - there is no option to select printer
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What do you mean when you say there's no option to select printer? Are you talking about the "Printer Name" setting in the first image? The previous poster (Peru) was talking about the Paper Bin setting in that first image.

Greg
stuferg40

Post by stuferg40 »

Sorry, I meant there is no option to change Paper Bin, it only shows Automatically Select. There used to be an option to change from paper to CD/DVD, but not now
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It almost seems as if you have the wrong printer driver installed. What has changed since it was working properly? Is this the same computer? You could go to Epson's web page to download and install the latest printer driver.

Greg
stuferg40

Post by stuferg40 »

I don't know what is different, I've tried downloading the latest drivers for my printer, all to no avail. Suppose it's time for a new printer? :(
Peru

Post by Peru »

Try new and/or older driver versions irst.