Beat Mapping

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

youaregreat

Beat Mapping

Post by youaregreat »

okay, so I recently started a project and I did something a little funky with the Beat mapping. Currently the project settings are 4/4 time signature at 134 BPM. They should be 4/4 at 178.22. I want to preserve the current condition of the sound but only modify the beat mapping (and yeah i will have to adjust he song speed slightly since the hundredth place is not gong to work in Mixcraft,but essentially the sound should be unchanged. But its not like I can just change the tempo and go on about my business, the start of ever clip is linked to the beat map, so they will get smooched together if I increase the tempo and spread apart if I decrease the tempo. So I'm thinking I can add a little blank clip to the beginning of each track,(beat position 1) then merge all the clip on each track, giving them all the same beginning. Set them all the clips to "stretch by time", and hem change the tempo. But of course there is also the automation to consider, which is where I am stuck. Will I just have to manually recreate all the automation? Is there no way to link the automation to a clip? Or to copy and paste it? Or to set the Automaton to stretch by time? or anything?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Beat Mapping

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you'll probably just have to manually redo the automation. It won't automatically adjust to the tempo change.

Greg
youaregreat

Post by youaregreat »

I thought so. thanks
youaregreat

Post by youaregreat »

Its not actualy that bad. The 134bpm 1/16 triplets operate as 178.22bpm 1/16ths. So as long as I am sticking to 16th notes and larger I can still use the snap settings. Some colorful markers at each bar help to make the "new" map.