Deleting Silent Areas Without Tracks

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

kmcal

Deleting Silent Areas Without Tracks

Post by kmcal »

I am really enjoying the software, especially the cleanup features. I like to save the file both as individual tracks and as one long recording. However I can't find any way to edit out silent areas in the full recording (which shows as one track). I can import a WAV file into Audacity to edit, but it seems like there should be a fix for that in SIA. (Like a click and drag, then delete.)

What I'm mainly talking about is the larger gap in the middle of an album when you switch sides. I understand how to remove silence when you're working with the tracks, but I don't see any way to save the finished project as one file rather than multiple tracks.

Thanks -

Karen
Acoustica Greg

Re: Deleting Silent Areas Without Tracks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make the silent section into a track by splitting it on either side, then click to select that section and click the Delete button. The deleted section will turn gray and will be skipped over when you burn a CD or create audio files.

Greg
kmcal

Post by kmcal »

When I create the audio file, won't that still show up as two different tracks since it was split? I had tried that, and then hit clear all so that it was one continuous track, and the silent area reappeared.

Two features that would be really nice:
1) Select and delete a section without having to use the track feature
2) An undo feature so that you could experiment.

I am saving the file before I start editing, but I still have to quit, the load the file if I try something that I want to undo (for instance experiment with some of the features like damaged vinyl or crackle removal).

Jan
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you decide you want to "un-delete" a section, select the grayed-out area and press Create.

Yes, it's true that removing a section of silence like that will always leave a split behind. In most cases, when you turn a LP over, there'd be a split there anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Greg