What would be a good drum program to use with Mixcraft?

Post any tips and tricks you've discovered for using Acoustica software here.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bbdrmz

Re: What would be a good drum program to use with Mixcraft?

Post by bbdrmz »

I've used ez drummer, superior 2.0, and Kontakt's studio drummer. I am most pleased with the Kontakt vst.
And yes, there's a learning curve. If you're just starting out it could be a bit overwhelming.
"I am thankful to all those who said no. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

If still considering EZDrummer, this news may be of interest:
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... 725#p66725
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

Hmm, when I try to load the project you created Mark (mbliss), it tells me the file could not load and may be corrupt. The file is 26kb. It is an XML file, I can read it, I don't see any files or paths that it cannot find or anything.

When it opens, there are two instrument tracks and 6 audio tracks, no submix or sends or fx or MIDI files or anything. I did notice in the XML file some references to cloud stuff, do I need access to something or something?
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

Nevermind, I was downloading it wrong. I had to actually click on the link. I had tried to right click, save to file, that didn't work.

It opens fine now, except it can't find the effect Dubmaster Liquid Delay. I will look for that.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

FlyingsCool wrote:It opens fine now, except it can't find the effect Dubmaster Liquid Delay. I will look for that.
That's odd, I don't recall using that plug in .......
I thought I posted the project only containing Mixcraft VST's and VSTi's so anyone could load the project and check it out.
I'll have a look later, that was a while ago and I'll need to refresh my (OFC) memory.

EDIT: Yes, its there, in track 2 "Transitional SFX 2" and yes, that VST is only included in MC6 pro studio so perhaps you don't have it. Its not real relevant, just some weird synth noises I threw in to fill out the project a little. Its not critical to the tutorial or concept and you really arent missing much. See if everything else works without it anyway? Let me know, perhaps I'll post an updated version that eliminates that "problem" 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page