Finds too many tracks

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

Roy_Oestensen

Finds too many tracks

Post by Roy_Oestensen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:17 am

Greetings to all!
so far I've used Spin It Again on a few audio tapes, with the hope that it would easily find the correct tracks on the tape. Of course, if there are silents patches in one track, it will naturally think that it has more than one track. But it doesn't realise that patches with low music is not silent, so I don't think it works very well.

Could I mention a trick I've done. I am using Adobe Audition, where I can tell the program patches that should be total silent, and then it corrects the whole recording for this backgrund noise. Afterwards it's fairly easy to see where each track begins and ends.

Still, I had hoped that SIA had automated this job and worked this out on its own. Having an option where the user can tell the program how the background noise looks would probably improve things.

And by the way, the wave window is very small. Could it be possible to make it larger so that it becomes easier to place the start and end markers correctly?

Roy

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:39 pm

Hi, go to the settings button, then the recording tab and check the box that says "Automatically detect tracks" (uncheck the box above it to enable this one).
Then you can set your own parameters as to what is considered a track. Once you work this out, the program should function better for your particular tapes.

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:17 am

Hi,

Also, rather than turning this feature off, you can just modify its results by right-clicking on the tracks. You can choose to merge two tracks together, delete tracks, add new track markers and so on.

You can also go into Settings and adjust the silence threshold if you are getting low volume music marked as silence.

There's no way to adjust the track height.

Greg