Mixing down a Loop with no gaps.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gastler

Mixing down a Loop with no gaps.

Post by gastler »

This is my first post, but I have been using mixcraft and beatcraft since the very begining. Mix3 is awesome it has done everything I needed up until now. I have recently joined a site called looperman. Its a great place to find drum, guitar and various other loops. I would like to create loops for the site. I record a guitar riff in MX3. I move the sound to the front of the track and trim it using the Loop Editor under the sound tab. (I use max zoom to trim properly) While playing in the editor it is perfect. It also plays perfect when I extend the sound by stretching it to the right in the main project. SO I can take this 2 bar riff and drag it out to 18 bars and it is seemless. The problem is when I keep the file at 4 bars (no reason to have a large file when the same audio looping) and mix down to a wave. Again, seemless 4 bars when I save. I open up a new project and load the wave I had just produced and there is a gap at the end of the loop.Of course this an easy fix in MX3, just use the loop editor again. However in other audio apps the sound will not loop correctly, it has the small gap at the end. The little preview app on the website will not play it seemlessly and its not useful to other users. Any help is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try turning off the File Information option when you mix down to wave.

Greg
gastler

Post by gastler »

ok....I will give that a try
gastler

Post by gastler »

that did not work. I downloaded Audacity and it worked just fine. I'm not sure what the deal is, it not only occurs when creating a wave but also with an mp3 or ogg. Maybe some type of bug fix for the next release. Is anyone else having this problem?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What version of Mixcraft 3 do you have? The latest, as of this writing, is 3.1 build 41.

Greg
gastler

Post by gastler »

yes
i do have the latest build