G-Sonique FAT +

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

chibear

G-Sonique FAT +

Post by chibear »

http://www.g-sonique.com/fat+.html

Yes, that's right the one we get with Mixcraft (might only be pro studio....not sure) Every so often I throw some new fx from the list I haven't tried before and see if I can make it work with orchestra samples. The shred amp was a big fail but this has possibilities.

I threw this into the master fx on the latest piano+orchestra project I've been working on and after a bit of tweeking was quite pleased with the result. Up until now when my orchestra tracks needed compression I have used 5orcery as that seemed to be the best solution that eliminated the pumping in virtually any other compressor I tried. FAT + is a different type of solution that seems not to eat up the dynamic range so quickly. And the much lauded 'analog warmth' does seem to move the sound back to LP days (minus pops & scratches), especially in string sound. Something to try.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
outteh

Re: G-Sonique FAT +

Post by outteh »

Comes with Mixcraft Pro Studio. I've used it in several instances, particularly on percussion and brass. Adds a nice analog color to the sound, not too harsh.