.mx3 file has missing sound ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

J Gretch

.mx3 file has missing sound ?

Post by J Gretch »

Last night I wanted to work on a mix that we put together over the weekend.So I went out to the practice room and put the .mx3 file on a thumb drive then walked back over to the house and tried to open it on my office computer.Then a search box pops up inside of mixcraft that says "This sotware is searching for a missing sound".

So I let it search and it opened up the file with the entire vocal track missing.

Is this a bug or is there something extra that I need to do when transfering a file to my other computer. For what it's worth both machines are running XP Pro and have licensed Mixcraft 3 on them.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The .mx3 file doesn't contain any audio, it's just a record of the changes you made to your recordings (that's why it's so small). You need to move the recordings over, too. Use the "Copy Project..." option under the File menu to move the entire project, recordings included.

Greg
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

Thanks Greg,
I'll try that soon as I get home.I'm just learning rule of thumb around here... you know the one about it's never mixcraft's fault.. :)
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Yes, move the project to a new folder.
A new .mx3 project file will be in the new project folder location.
Open that new .mx3 project file and it will know the locations of the moved foles.

Love that project move feature!
Hmm, wonder who came up with that? :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

:D
EL34 wrote:Love that project move feature!
Hmm, wonder who came up with that? :D
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

J Gretch wrote:Thanks Greg,
I'll try that soon as I get home.I'm just learning rule of thumb around here... you know the one about it's never mixcraft's fault.. :)
*LMAO* :lol:

...so true!