THANK YOU FOR BETA TESTING MIXCRAFT 7!

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

THANK YOU FOR BETA TESTING MIXCRAFT 7!

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Welcome, Mixcraft 7 Beta Testers! Thank you all so much for taking the time to test Mixcraft 7! We are extremely excited for you to see what we've been working on all this time.

Of course, there will be bugs, so please take the time to let us know if you've found a problem. And if you can, take some time to let us know what you think of the new version!

All the best,
Dan & the Acoustica Team
Vibrant Audio

Re: THANK YOU FOR BETA TESTING MIXCRAFT 7!

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Great news! Been checking out some of the bug reports already on bugzilla.I'm actually surprised the public beta is out already!

Excited to give the new features a run, especially the new live performance panel and clip sampling functions.

Thanks for all of the hard work!
*Vibrant Audio*
outteh

Post by outteh »

Possible to hide all the other BB stuff for MX 6 so it will be easier to search for the new version testing. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

outteh wrote:Possible to hide all the other BB stuff for MX 6 so it will be easier to search for the new version testing. :D
I locked the old topics so they won't bother us. :wink:
outteh

Post by outteh »

Looking good so far, nice setup, hope you folks are thinking about your color scheme, the grey just doesn't cut it :wink: . Is there any guide or information on the performance feature? I am not as familiar with a feature like this as some others might be. :oops: can I get some assistance on how to use it, is it for creating loops?
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

I think it'd be more for having your loops (or samples) already set up in the grid so that they can be individually triggered by a controller (such as the Ableton Novation Launchpad)
outteh

Post by outteh »

So you would put say a drum roll into one of the brackets and then launch that at a specific time with a controller? I see you can arm it, record to it, play it, etc.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In regard to the Performance Panel, if you don't have a Launchpad or similar grid controller, you can map individual squares or columns of squares by clicking on the MIDI button at the top of the screen, then selecting the squares and pressing a key on your PC or MIDI controller keyboard.

Then, when you trigger the square, the project starts playing. The loop in the square will be timed to the project, and the next square you play won't kick in until the appropriate moment in the beat.

If you like your performance, you can arm the performance panel and record it in the main project.

A lot to learn!

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

That MIDI button at the top is pretty handy, you can map all sorts of things to all sorts of things. Anything that turns purple when you click it, is mappable.
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Wow guys Mixcraft has really made a leap to the next level, I am playing a a house party this weekend and I might just be crazy enough to use mixcraft 7 instead of ableton.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

I'm already loving the performance panel in MX 7! While I haven't put a lot of work in yet with it, I'm already feeling the workflow to be even faster.
Step sequencer is fantastic by the way. Better way to bring in the functionality of beatcraft than I could have thought of!

One possible request, could there be a possibility to apply effects to individual samples in the omnisampler? Like if I loaded a drum kit into the sampler and I wanted to apply a small amount of reverb and a bitcrusher to the snare sample
lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Post by lars »

outteh wrote:Looking good so far, nice setup, hope you folks are thinking about your color scheme, the grey just doesn't cut it :wink: . Is there any guide or information on the performance feature? I am not as familiar with a feature like this as some others might be. :oops: can I get some assistance on how to use it, is it for creating loops?
for me was also new the colour of the arranger, but now I like it even more. I have visual migraine and often recorded with sunglasses as the white begins to hurt on a screen after a few hours.
I like the grey now. Just the track icons look like from a black metal band, not my style..will for sure replace with the old ones, much friendlier. Apart from the quite white background in the arranger, the old graphic design was just cool and friendly.

Thanks for Plugin management, this was an important one ! maybe is not even the need to show them still below, if they are put in folders already (by company or type (EQ, compressors etc.)

Automation writing makes me happy also and the DAW controller features!!!

and 64bit!!!! :)finally my rest 8GB of 12 can be unburried :)

looks everything good so far. Hoped to have some increased mixer (2-3 send buttons, phas/polarity) and things which are to find in a analog console. But pretty happy so far :)

Is there still no sidechain function in M7 or did i oversee it ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 7 doesn't have sidechaining at this point, but you can use a plugin like this: BeatRig SideKick 6.

Greg
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Mixcraft 7 doesn't have sidechaining at this point.
what's that supposed to mean? :wink:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Never say never. :P