Collaboration, USA/Canada

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Collaboration, USA/Canada

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I worked with Gord Sheffroth on this song, he is an acoustica mixcraft user and lives in Canada. His band is called Mindzye
Gord has an absolutely awesome voice!
I had a song that i had recorded a couple years ago while testing mixcraft, I never put vocals to it because it seemed to need something I really couldn't do.
Gord wrote all lyrics and did all vocal tracks to the song, then sent me his mixcraft project file and I mixed it.
Drums are done with Beatcraft (Of course!)
This is very 80's sounding, but the law of "20 year circle" says that's ok until about 2015 :-)
Download "On The Edge" here Let us know what you think!
Mindzye

Collaboration?

Post by Mindzye »

Well of course I think its great! :D ...20 year circle???,love it
Turn it Loud!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

yeah, you never heard of the 20 year circle?
Remember in the 90's, the 70's were in?
Now in 2000+, the 80's are back in, guitar solos being resurrected, people are singing higher than Barry White again, metal is cool once more, kids walking around with guns-n-roses shirts on, it's like I am dreaming :-)
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Hey just listened to your track.... Great!!!

My kind of rock!

Hey i was a teen when the 80's metal was at it's very peak, and one can also see that in my own material as well me thinks.

But that is really a great piece! congrats!

The sound quality is awesome too!
tone of the track and especially the solo line reminded me a lot of Dokken.

Got a myspace somewhere of this special project guys? you should.

Keep rockin loud and proud! :twisted:
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks for the comliments.
I don't have it on myspace but I think Gord said he planned to post it on his. It's not really a project other than this one song, so we really can't justify it's own myspace page.

But you never know, we might do more tunes.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Sounds excellent

What gear are you guys using for guitar and vocals...just wondering as to maybe improve my own sound in the future.

what amp pedals mics and such are you using if you dont mind saying.
Mindzye

Post by Mindzye »

Vincent wrote:Sounds excellent

What gear are you guys using for guitar and vocals...just wondering as to maybe improve my own sound in the future.

what amp pedals mics and such are you using if you dont mind saying.

Hi Vincent!...Gord here speakin to ya!,as the voice on that track I cannot comment on anything else on the track other than vocals,but I run an APEX 460 tube microphone into an ART TUBE MP Studio mic preamp,outta that and into a DBX 166A compressor/limiter,then outta that into a BEHRINGER BCA2000 USB interface then straight into my computer to the Mixcraft program.I just love this program as its so easy to use.I have Sonor Producer on my computer and I have not opened it once since I loaded Mixcraft as I am tired of overcoming technology first before creativity.Just make sure you have a good pop filter on your mic,I use a K&M dual screen filter that will take a good scream and not let any air through.After that just get as much gain as you can without goin into the red is all I do.Hope that helps!
:idea: P.S.:Check out my website www.mindzye.ca
Turn it Loud!
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Thanks for sharing that info.

The vocals sounded great by the way...the whole track was very professional sounding...it inspired me to improve my sound.

Thanks
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Now in 2000+, the 80's are back in
Let's hope that those silly makeup wearing/spandex and boots/hair bands with high pitch singers never come back.

If you guys see anyone that looks like Poison or any of those other silly hair bands, let me know.
That period was about as sad as the Disco 70's period.

Billy Idol is welcome back but that's it. :wink:
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I never really liked all those so called hair bands music back in the 80's when I was growing up...I was into zeppelin and Van Halen although motley crue had some cool tunes off of the shout at the devil album which I liked and later on a band called white lion with guitarist Vitto bratta had a couple songs I liked (wait and little fighter)...I also liked a few whitesnake songs and once Van Halen broke up I was really into the eat em and smile album however his next release wasnt as good as eat em.

I also liked a few songs from "Ratt" with Warren DeMartini.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Yeah Ratt had some cool stuff and the Crue had some great tunes.
The DL Roth/Steve Vai albums were great.

I don't really lump in the Crue or Roth with the lower tier copy cat hair bands.

Not too crazy about David Coverdall/Whitesnake stuff though.
R0ckerb0y

Post by R0ckerb0y »

Very nice sounding! Good mix there. Reminiscent of Dokken/Overkill.. but I can hear Eric's signature hands in there. (Very distinctive vibrato for instance.)

The solo and the change around the 5:00 minute mark felt a little like you stepped WAY outside the bluesy feeling of the song, which sorta took me off my ride for a minute... That's my only constructive criticism there.

I absolutely ate up all the Iron Maiden, Ratt, Warrant, Metallica, Whitesnake, Ozzy, Megadeth, Slaughter, Dokken, Cinderella, Testament, Sepultura etc that I could get my hands on. (Of course, I also liked Tears for Fears and Boy George then too... I'm just a fan of anything that sounds interesting really.)

I'm happy to see it all making a return. (Although with everything there are fools out to make a buck and sell cheap imitations disguised as rock...)