Underestimating Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dee-J

Re: Underestimating Mixcraft

Post by Dee-J »

GrizzKarizz wrote:I must say, if it wasn't for Mixcraft, I might not be able to afford to make music.

That's one major thing Mixcraft has over other DAWs.

Totally agree!
HarryDuck

Post by HarryDuck »

I tried Reaper and found it very disappointing and unstable when you add plug ins. I want to their forum and the bug reports made me itch. :lol: I don't find coming up with work arounds and doing problem solving bad software much fun or satisfying. I make music and I want my tools to work right. For me a DAW is a tool.

I tried Studio One is sounded OK but it is very counter intuitive and there are no decent tutorials even. You have to buy tutorials and there is no way of knowing if they are any good. It also felt counter intuitive to me.

I tried Adobe Audition the support was awful and it has a poor workflow.

I liked FL Studio.

I went with Mixcraft because I don't want to spend months learning a DAW only to find I don't like it. Also I am a singer/songwriter/musician and I really don't want to be an engineer. That said, just because someting is easy to use doesn't mean it's not good. Hey I want my guitars and basses easy to play. I know what I want to hear and I can get most of it with Mixcraft without jumping through hoops. I can produce a tune relatively quickly with Mixcraft.

I read to many bad reviews on the high priced DAWs.

I think based on my recording so far than a good recording engineer with good mics, good preamps and good mixing and mastering skills could get industry standard results with Mixcraft.
Axeman69

Post by Axeman69 »

Hi, 2 words: BRAND SNOBS! LOL! :lol:

I have been a user of MC for some years now since about ver 3.

Got the paid vers of 6 now.

The best thing is it's simple, fast, easy to insert effects, and midi instruments and plugins, & is 1 of the few audio programs that will let you mix on the fly, midi and real audio tracks at the same time, AND convert a midi track to audio with 'save as'!!!

Any previous progs I had used like the old Cooledit Pro by Syntrillium/Adobe, could/would not do this.
If I wanted to use a midi drum track say to record a song with, I would have to play/record the track 1st, THEN proceed to do my guitar/bass/vocal overdubs, once I had the midi tracks recorded as .wav files!

So AMC is a total NO brainer!

What it all boils down to is cross platform compatibility. IF all major Windoze/IOS/Linux DAW type programs saved their recording/mixing data to a standard format, ANY1 could use any type of DAW and continue working.

Something the industry would do WELL to look at!
YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST...