Mix to seperate tracks

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

comedians

Mix to seperate tracks

Post by comedians »

If you click "Edit Details" with a tick in "mix each track to separate file" it reverts to a single file you have to un-tick & re-tick to revert to multiple files.
After having mixed to separate files it would seem better to me if the tick box defaulted to being empty. After being used as it is too easy to do a normal mix down without noticing the tick, I know, I've done it more than once !
Only noticed it whilst going through Mixcraft7 but on checking in Mixcraft 6 pro it is the same.
Also am on last of my two day trial with b235, can I extend it ?

Thanks

RogerD
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mix to seperate tracks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 7 build 235? If I select "Mix to Each Track To A Separate File," then click Edit Details, the separate files option stays ticked, and it does mix down to separate files. I wonder if you're doing something differently from me, because I can't get it to happen in Mixcraft 6, either.

Make sure you don't have a track soloed!

Here's what I'm doing:
1. Select "Mix Down" from the File menu.
2. Select MP3.
3. Put a checkmark next to "Mix to Each Track To A Separate File."
4. Click Edit Details and change some settings.
5. Name the track and Mix down.
6. I get separate tracks (I have 3 or 4 tracks in my project), and none of them are soloed.

Build 236 will add more time to the trial period (due out tomorrow).

Greg
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi Greg

Yes I am using the latest build & apologies, testing on my laptop not connected to network I couldn't access my storage so I didn't have much space for the 11 tracks on my small ssd so went by estimated size as below.

If you edit the with the box ticked the estimated size goes to the size of the first track, ie it doesn't update to reflect.

You are very busy right now & I should test in more depth before taking up your time.

Sorry

Roger
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, I see it now. So the bug is not that the tracks don't get separated, but that the estimated size is getting reset wrong. Thank you for reporting this!

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

By the way, this bug is also in Mixcraft 6, but apparently nobody ever noticed it!