Recording Device Settings, etc.

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

joelee52

Recording Device Settings, etc.

Post by joelee52 »

I am having limited success in using Spin It Again, despite its basic interface. No recording takes place when I set the recording device to Default Wave Device. But if I set it to either microphone (Realtek or USB headset), I can hear stray sounds in the room such as me moving my chair or using my laptop keyboard. I am attempting to cassettes to mp3. So I'm not sure what mistake I am making

I recently purchased an Encore Combination CD/cassette/LP player which includes a USB cable, which I’ve connected both to a hub or directly to my laptop with the same result. The machine is supposedly plug-and-play.

My device originally came with Audacity software, which required more technical knowledge than I possess and was very cumbersome to use. So I purchased Spin It Again from your site several months ago. The manual indicates that a USB connection ought to work. I do not understand if I need to connect my laptop to the player’s headphone jack in some way. The manual mentions obtaining the proper equipment and/or cables; but since I have a USB connection, I am not sure what equipment is required.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to reach the desired result of creating mp3 audio files on my laptop. This is very frustrating.

---- Joe ----
Acoustica Greg

Re: Recording Device Settings, etc.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Spin It Again's Level Wizard and check your Soundcard and Source settings. You should have "USB Audio Codec" or something similar selected there. Do you have a USB audio option for the Soundcard setting?

Greg
joelee52

Post by joelee52 »

In Recording Wizard, my 3 choices for soundcard are Default Wave Device, USB Headphones/Microphone, and Realtek High Definition Microphone. The source is Master Volume. Spin It Again only picks up sound for the microphone settings, but also records stray sounds. If I select Default Wave Device, no recording occurs. I see no other USB audio option.

---- Joe ---
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If your Encore device is properly connected and recognized by Windows, then chances are you should be choosing "USB Headphones/Microphone." USB drivers are often not properly labeled in Windows. Choose that option, play some audio, and see if you can record it. You can put a check mark next to the Monitor option on the recording screen to hear what you're recording (Note: don't do that with the actual microphone selected as your recording device or you'll get nasty feedback).

Greg