MixCraft 6 / Where do I get more Keyboards?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sparrow

MixCraft 6 / Where do I get more Keyboards?

Post by Sparrow »

I'm starting to learn how to use the keyboard music typing, however I noticed a lot of the sounds I'm want are not in the keyboards I have. I'd love to find more and install them. Anyone know any? I'd love to find any kind, but Rave, Dubstep, Electronica, Dance, style ones would be really helpful.
I can only find a Rave and Trance one in the keyboards I have, but I'd like more variety.

Thank you.
outteh

Re: MixCraft 6 / Where do I get more Keyboards?

Post by outteh »

By keyboards do you mean midi files?
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

outteh wrote:By keyboards do you mean midi files?

I think so? I'm not entirely sure what it's called. But I did see one marked like that.
outteh

Post by outteh »

a keyboard reference usually means a physical device that plugs into your computer either by USB or midi. A midi file refers to already programmed keyboard music that you can import into Mixcraft and have it play the song. Which are you looking for?
Last edited by outteh on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

outteh wrote:a keyboard reference usually means a physical device lunatic plugs into your computer either by USB or midi. A midi file refers to already programmed keyboard music that you can import into Mixcraft and have it play the song. Which are you looking for?

Oh, thank you for clarifying. :D
Midi files that are already programed and ready to use.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

If you Google 'midi files', you will come up with a ton of sites that provide free midi files.

M
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Rolling Estonian wrote:If you Google 'midi files', you will come up with a ton of sites that provide free midi files.

M

All I seem to be finding is prewritten songs. Maybe I'm just not looking at the right sites.
But what I'm looking for is things like instruments and synthesizers I can download and use on the keyboard feature to write my own songs.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

I think we need more information, to get the terms correct. I suspect that by "keyboards" you may mean instrument plug-ins, but I am not sure.

Mixcraft 6 has, in addition to the Acoustica Instruments, the VST synthesizers Impulse, Messiah, Minimogue.....

What are the "keyboards" you are currently using in Mixcraft?
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Sparrow wrote:what I'm looking for is things like instruments and synthesizers I can download and use on the keyboard feature to write my own songs.
Your question is not at all clear. Do you mean the musical typing keyboard? Are you using your computers keyboard as a musical keyboard with virtual instruments (VSTi's)?
Are you looking for additional VSTi's?

If so, upgrading to the latest version of Mixcraft would get you several more, and upgrading from there to the Pro Studio version would get you, I believe 5 more than that. Including the Pianissimo piano sampler.
http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft- ... ml#compare

At very reasonable upgrade prices:
http://acoustica.com/cgi/upgrade.php?p=16

And there are literally thousands available from outside producers.
More info and clarification would help get a more concise answer and more useful tips.
For instance do you prefer synth's, or perhaps you like emulations of vintage keyboards and organs, or samplers?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
BillW

Post by BillW »

I wonder if he is referring to presets within a given VST? Like in VB3 - lots of preset sounds to suit different styles.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

BillW wrote:I wonder if he is referring to presets within a given VST? Like in VB3 - lots of preset sounds to suit different styles.
Yup, I'm thinking virtual instruments and/or virtual instrument presets.

Sparrow, what kind of sounds do you want, exactly?
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

I do use my computers keyboard to type music. :D That's what I'm looking for.

I'd like more dance style things, like different drums, sound effects, and things like Dubstep style bass, and classical instruments too. I know I'm not very clear. :( I'm trying to be, but it's hard to explain since I don't know any terms.
But say one I have is 'Distorted Bass', I'd like other basses to use. And other pianos, and instruments.
I'll try looking up the terms you all posted. :D Thank you all for trying to help me.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you're looking for different virtual instruments and virtual instrument presets. Be sure to look through all the presets in the instruments that come with Mixcraft, because there are a lot of them:

You can add VST instrument plugins made by other companies to Mixcraft by downloading them and installing them into your VST folder:

C:\Program Files(x86)\VST

Greg
Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Yes, you're looking for different virtual instruments and virtual instrument presets. Be sure to look through all the presets in the instruments that come with Mixcraft, because there are a lot of them:

You can add VST instrument plugins made by other companies to Mixcraft by downloading them and installing them into your VST folder:

C:\Program Files(x86)\VST

Greg

Neat. :D Thank you. Thanks everyone. :D