Mixcraft 4 and Jamstix2 ??

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MLC

Mixcraft 4 and Jamstix2 ??

Post by MLC »

Hi.

At first glance, Mixcraft looks to be an excellent package!

I have a question regarding the use of Jamstix 2 (the superb drum VSTI). I am copying my post on the Jamstix forum along with the reply from Ralph Zeuner (the owner of Jamstix). I'd appreciate any help because, although I really like the look of Mixcraft, running Jamstix is pretty much a pre-requisite.

Thanks.

Greg

Post on Jamstix Forum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:11 am Post subject: Acoustica Mixcraft 4 Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Hi.

I've been trying out a package called Mixcraft 4. Jamstix 2 loads ok fine as a VSTI, and all drums seem to load and audition ok - but when I press play on the transport Jamstix doesn't move with the host.

I've made sure that it's locked to the host.

Has anyone come across this package - if you've looked at N-Track or Reaper you may have seen this also.

Thanks.

Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ralph [RZ]
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like Mixcraft does not send VSTTimeInfo data, which Jamstix 2 needs to synch up.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

I've been in touch with the author of JamStix 2 and Mixcraft now works properly with this instrument. The next version of Mixcraft, build 89, will have this fix, and it should be out early next week.
MLC

Post by MLC »

Dan.

That is absolutely outstanding support! I will try out the other features of Mixcraft in the meantime and keep an eye out for the next build to try the Jamstix side.

Thanks again.

Greg
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Yep, Acoustica really listens to it's users.
It's exciting to watch this whole thing..... :P
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Grab build 89 from our beta page and see how it works.

Greg
MLC

Post by MLC »

Thanks for the update Greg.

I'm dowloading it now and I'll try it out when I get home this evening. Ill post again then.

You can expect a sale pretty much straight after that ! :lol:

Greg
MLC

Post by MLC »

I've now tested Mixcraft 4 with Jamstix 2 and I'm now one very happy music maker!!

I've got drums from Jamstix (and I know Acoustica have Beatcraft for that aswell). I've got some great bass lines from the library. I've got Wusikstation providing some superb synths and pads. I've got the guitar and I've got Mixcraft hosting it all and making it all wonderfully easy to manage!

Thanks for the support and an excellent product.

Greg

ps Oh yeah. I've also got the registered copy of Mixcraft 4 having just made the purchase. :D