Audio Interface

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Audio Interface

Post by 7915983 »

Hey guys, I'm getting an audioi interface soon but I'm a little hesitant on buying one, because of the welath of options I have.
Basically my 3 options are:
-PreSonus
-Avid
-Focusrite
I think that the one from avid is probably the best option but the guy at the store told me it was Presonus, I'm pretty new to recording so I don't know much.
What do you guys think?
outteh

Re: Audio Interface

Post by outteh »

Since you don't put the models out there it's hard to determine what your getting. Focusrite has a great reputation and many folks here on the forum use this interface. Haven't heard much applause on Avid or PreSonus. :D
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

+15 for Focusrite :mrgreen:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

you left out Tascam.

a bit more info would be helpful such as # of inputs you need & your budget.
I can tell you from experience that Avid's customer service & tech forum pretty much sucks. :roll:
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

Yes I would like to hear if anyone else has used the tascam US1800 and if there is any feedback related
J.LaGrassa

Post by J.LaGrassa »

I just picked up a Presonus Audio Box USB it's pretty basic but it works flawlessly with Mixcraft 7
cremley

Post by cremley »

I'm using a Tascam US-1200 USB with Win10 x64. I also have ASIO4All installed to get the Fender Mustang Amp to connect via USB. It all just works I've been able to get somewhere around 5.8 ms latency with a Dell i7.

I looked at a Scarlett, but the older Tascam just had the bang-for-buck. The mic inputs are really nice in my opinion.