Sample sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jhsa

Sample sounds

Post by jhsa »

How can i add sample sounds to acoustica mixcraft.. ex: snares, Hi hats, etc?.. the instrument sounds have a ".instrument" file extension.. Is there any way to convert wav and mp3 to this format?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I am not familiar with that file extension, but it is obviously proprietary to it's creator.
You could play the file in the software that it was created for, and record it with Mixcraft. Now you have the sound in mp3/wav etc format.
jhsa

Re: re

Post by jhsa »

Maybe i didn't explain well.. Wht I meant is that mixcraft's sample sounds use the file extension ".instrument" and I have samples in wav and mp3. I would like to convert from wave or mp3 to .instrument. Or maybe there is any other way of loading sample sounds into mixcraft? Thanks for your answer..
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

r

Post by Acoustica Eric »

(embarrassed) Oh man, I should have known that.

You can import any wav or mp3 by simply using the add sound fucntion in Mixcraft.

You cannot, however add them to your loop library, you just have to add them using the add sound function.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Mixcraft's instruments are not designed to be general purpose samplers; you can't add your own drum sounds, etc to them. However, there are a lot of great software samplers, some of which are very inexpensive or free. Just Google 'VSTi sampler' and you'll be able to find many sampler instruments that let you load your own WAV/MP3 sounds and trigger them via MIDI.

However, as Eric said, you can also simply load the WAV files and build drum tracks by placing the drums on the grid. Or you can download Beatcraft and build complex drum patterns (with or without your own sounds) really easily, mix them down to WAV, and import them into Mixcraft. A lot of our customers do that -- including Eric!

Dan
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you very much for your replies.
Now I know that is not possible to do what I wanted. But maybe the Mixcraft Developers could add the ability to install new sample sounds for playing as midi sounds to the next release of the program.. that would b very nice. It would save working time to people that like to use midi files but using a different sound without having to reprogram the track..
Thanks again and Best Regards... :)