mx4 problems with mbox!!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

nima

mx4 problems with mbox!!!

Post by nima »

hi i just got mbox digi design and now i cant record!! i changed the sound device to ASIO . and when i speak into da mic , it only comes out from da left even dough every thing is set right , and i cant even record because everytime i hit record mx crashes!!!

what is going on?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

have you got the newest device driver installed from the digidesign web site?
Is this windows vista?
Make sure you free up as much resource as possible when using recording software. By this I mean shut off all other programs, stop programs from starting when the computer boots, turn off windows aero and other cosmetics that are not necessary.

You can also try a ASIO driver like this one http://www.asio4all.com/
nima

Post by nima »

no its XP home , and i dont run any other program when im recording. it works fine with my old audio interphase ( Tascam us 122) but it doesn't work with digidesign. it records on pro tools but i dont like pro tools , i can do much better on mixcraft!
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi there,

There is an ASIO driver issue with the MBox and Mixcraft, that causes Mixcraft to freeze when using the MBox. However, we've fixed the issue, and the next release of Mixcraft (Build 90) will work perfectly with the MBox.

The Mic input is the 'left' input of the MBox. You'll need to arm your 'left' input on the track in order to record only that channel in mono.

Build 90 will be available soon. Sorry for the delay, but the issue is a problem with Digidesign's ASIO driver, not with Mixcraft.

Thanks!
Dan
nima

Post by nima »

oh okay cause i was wondering why it was rec. stereo in pro tools but not mixcraft....thanks , can u custom made a mixcraft for me??? if you can check the "future new requests" and tell me if thats possible.

thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, we don't have the manpower to make custom versions of Mixcraft, but we are open to good suggestions that will improve the software for everybody.

Greg