no sound

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

billymac

no sound

Post by billymac »

Dear Spin It Again,

I have a Windows 7 computer. I have an AT USB turntable. I can't hear the records when I play them. I read some forums and FAQ's and turned on the monitor, but that did not work. What is my next step?
Thanks.

Bill
Acoustica Greg

Re: no sound

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click on Settings and look at the Audio settings. The "Playback Device" setting determines where the sound is going, so make sure that is correct.

Greg
billymac

Post by billymac »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Playback Device had two choices. I clicked on both while the record was playing and still no sound. Is there anything else I can try.

Bill
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can you hear the recorded sounds played in Spin It Again? Can you hear Spin It Again's voice assistant?

Greg
billymac

Post by billymac »

Greg,

Up and running. When I turned on SIA today, the voice asst. was working, and I heard the music to boot! What do you think happened?
I'm an old vinyl guy from the 60's so I need my SIA.

Bill
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It could have been a lot of different things, like volume settings, etc. Sometimes your computer just needs a good reboot.

Greg
billymac

Post by billymac »

I see. Thanks for everything, Greg.

Bill
Paulokc

Post by Paulokc »

What is SIA?
Paulokc

Post by Paulokc »

Why is it that sometimes the only way to get sound is to reboot the computer? I'm pretty sure all of my settings are correct because most the time everything works perfectly but sometimes the sound just stops.
I'm using windows 7
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Paulokc wrote:Why is it that sometimes the only way to get sound is to reboot the computer? I'm pretty sure all of my settings are correct because most the time everything works perfectly but sometimes the sound just stops.
I'm using windows 7
Hi,

If it's not due to a volume or mute setting, sometimes audio drivers just get hung up.

If this is happening a lot, you could check and see whether there are updated audio drivers for your soundcard. Check your soundcard or computer manufacturer's web page for updates.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Paulokc wrote:What is SIA?
SIA = Spin It Again
DigFella

Post by DigFella »

I just wanted to add something to this thread. I was was pulling my hair out trying to get SIA to give me playback audio. I wasn't hearing the voice assistant or anything but saw it was recording. I tried changing all kinds of audio settings, as suggested, etc. Turns out, I was able to solve the issue with my particular Newmark USB TT & windows 7 computer by accident. I forgot I had unplugged the USB cable of the TT to try it in another computer. When I turned on my main computer to mess with SIA settings again, the assistants voice was now loud & clear! I plugged in the USB and started playing records strait away! Apparently on my computer, (& maybe other folks), having the USB turntable plugged in before start up muted all sounds. Very strange, but now I'm getting great results by starting up SIA & listening for her voice, THEN plugging in the turntable. Perhaps this may help others with no sound?
Thanks to the support people for listening ;)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

What's happening in that case is that Windows is changing your default playback device setting to the USB.

Right-click on the small volume control icon in your Windows taskbar and select Playback Devices, then right-click on the correct playback device (probably Speakers) and set it as your default playback device.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sharoun wrote: I'm pretty sure all of my settings are correct because most the time everything works perfectly but sometimes the sound just stops.
I'm using windows 7
Hi,

Does it happen when you plug in a USB audio device? Does it happen when you run another program? Something is probably taking over control of your soundcard.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101