Simple Hymn, For Friends Away

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

midimoose

Simple Hymn, For Friends Away

Post by midimoose »

Well, I didn't set out to write a hymn-- one of many snippets I have on file that I decided to pick up and work to some logical end. Still tweaking this... I've been through it so many times that I can't hear it objectively any more, so wanted to run it past some of those good Mixcraft ears out there. It came out sounding so "hymn-like", I thought it deserved a dedication, hence the title. Mixcraft 6 instruments. Any comments or suggestions for improvement much appreciated. Thanks, Rick.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
midimoose

Whoops! Here's the link...

Post by midimoose »

Studio 919

Re: Simple Hymn, For Friends Away

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Rick,

I like it. I love the sounds you've got going on. Everything seems to be well balanced.

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.

midimoose

Re: Simple Hymn, For Friends Away

Post by midimoose »

Hi Barry,

I appreciate your input on the song, glad it sounds good to you. I think I scared folks off by tagging it as a hymn! Should have just called it Simple Song :lol: . I mostly used it for another elementary try at some orchestration, and also got a lot more practice with the piano roll editor. So, all in all, a good exercise. I keep learning, and enjoying myself in the process. Thanks again, Rick.