Audio interface

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Starship Krupa

Re: Audio interface

Post by Starship Krupa »

tinpan wrote:Starship, you have me at a loss, Im not seeing what any of that has to do with what I posted. What am I missing?
Just a suggestion not to get too hung up on marketing hype when choosing interfaces.

Looks like you made a great choice! How do you like the microphone?
-Erik
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

Starship Krupa wrote:
tinpan wrote:Starship, you have me at a loss, Im not seeing what any of that has to do with what I posted. What am I missing?
Just a suggestion not to get too hung up on marketing hype when choosing interfaces.

Looks like you made a great choice! How do you like the microphone?
Haven't got to the mic yet. Still trying to get this working.....
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
tinpan wrote:Ok so I picked up a Focusrite Scarlett solo studio pack, I like it fine but I still have issues, one being this:
I put my guitar in and with headphones plugged in the interface I can hear the guitar in real time which is great however it's the raw guitar, I want to hear the effects Im adding in the mixcraft 7 program, how do I hear the "real time" guitar with the effects added such as the shredder overdrive. How do I do that?
Hi,

Are you using ASIO in Mixcraft's sound device preferences? If not, try that. You would listen to playback through the Scarlett Solo.

Greg
Greg, I tried ASIO and did not work, so I tried wave and that works, first try and latency was so bad it shut my PC down, second try I raised the buffer to a 6 and I hear the guitar and playback through the interface headphones however I still have the latency problem, I thought the interface was going to help, guess not.
I did all this with just 2 tracks, a mix of a tune I wrote & recorded on MC6 and the second track with my guitar.
Going nut's!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What version and build of Mixcraft are you using? ASIO should work. When you say that it doesn't work, what happened exactly? Go to Focusrite's web page and download and install the latest Scarlett Solo driver.

Greg
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

What version and build of Mixcraft are you using? ASIO should work. When you say that it doesn't work, what happened exactly? Go to Focusrite's web page and download and install the latest Scarlett Solo driver.

Greg
Im using MC7, Where do I look to see what build?
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

tinpan wrote:

Greg
Look in the title bar of mixcraft
build.jpg
build.jpg (101.33 KiB) Viewed 8727 times
Cheers

John
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

fredfish wrote:
tinpan wrote:

Greg
Look in the title bar of mixcraft
build.jpg
Cheers

John
Thanks John, It is the same as in your photo Build 277
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

I tried this: I opened Mixcraft 6 and tried the interface with it, aside from minor "scratchy sound" it works much better so perhaps Im still missing something in the set up in Mixcraft 7. In MC 6 i had real time (very little latency) guitar sound. The scratchy sound might be something being "amplified" because I only hear it when using the "shred amp simulator" effect. the raw guitar sounds fine.
Pete Stobbs

Post by Pete Stobbs »

I use the Scarlett solo no problems.
You need to be using Win 7 or higher.
I'm using 8.1 and have a usb3 port.

Maybe check this out?

http://uk.focusrite.com/usb-audio-inter ... /downloads
Win 8.1
8 gig ram
AMD A4 6210 1.8 GHz
Focusrite solo.
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 5 head.
Blackstar ID30 TVP

https://soundcloud.com/pete-stobbs
https://soundcloud.com/toltec-jive
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hmm, interestingly, there are two different Windows drivers listed.
One recommended for AMD systems and USB 3, the other presumably for Intel and USB 2.

Edit: Are you saying it functions in MC6 but not at all in 7?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

Mark Bliss wrote:Hmm, interestingly, there are two different Windows drivers listed.
One recommended for AMD systems and USB 3, the other presumably for Intel and USB 2.

Im not sure what USB I have, I tried looking it up cant tell but Im not that great at computer lingo. I wouldn't be surprised if thats my problem.
outteh

Post by outteh »

If you right click on your computer icon and select properties it will show you what your OS and system are. Then you can pick the correct driver download. Use device manager to see what type of USB ports you have.
tinpan

Post by tinpan »

Mark Bliss wrote:Hmm, interestingly, there are two different Windows drivers listed.

It works in 6 & 7 but better in 6 less latency.
marc32123

Post by marc32123 »

I am all confused now. Not sure what you meant by "presumably for intel and USB 2?"

On the focusrite website it says "If you're using an AMD system you should connect your Scarlett Solo to a USB 3.0 port after downloading and installing the driver.
If you don't have any USB 3.0 ports available on your AMD system, please download and install this driver instead before connecting your Scareltt Solo to a USB 2.0 port."

The thing is, I have an intel system, but I also have USB 3 ports. So, should I install the driver for AMD and USB 3.0 ports or the driver for USB 2.0 ports? And by the way, it doesn't saying anything about intel.
outteh

Post by outteh »

I think you should use the windows USB 2.0 driver download. It appears Focusrite has developed. USB 3.0 driver but it is for AMD systems only. Also make isure you use the USB 2.0 port on your computer.