Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

fredfish

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by fredfish »

clavguy wrote:1) Step recording
2) Support for VST3 plugins
Completely agree with both of these. I cant see that vst3 wont be implemented!

Post by 7915983 »

fredfish wrote:
clavguy wrote: Support for VST3 plugins
More comparability with different formats would be a great idea,I'm writing music for a film, but I can't open the file I received because it's a .mov file, and mix craft does not support that.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sami Seif wrote:More comparability with different formats would be a great idea,I'm writing music for a film, but I can't open the file I received because it's a .mov file, and mix craft does not support that.
Hi,

If you have the correct Windows video codec installed, you could open .mov files. The tricky part is finding the right codec. People have had luck installing the K-Lite Mega Pack. The thing with these video codec packs is that some of them come with extra junk you don't want to install or even malware.

That said, the next version of Mixcraft should hopefully have more support for other video formats from the get go.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

Clavguy wrote:

1) Step recording
2) Support for VST3 plugins

I thought Sampletank 3 was VST3 compatible and it works perfectly in Mixcraft 7 64 bit, so does anyone have any thoughts on this?
It doesn't really matter to me but I don't have any VST 3 stuff or I would test it for the benefit of others.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote:People have had luck installing the K-Lite Mega Pack.
Greg
That worked for me
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

mick wrote:It doesn't really matter to me but I don't have any VST 3 stuff or I would test it for the benefit of others.
The voice editor for my Yamaha MOXF8 is VST3... and I DON'T have the time to learn Cubase
Cheers
Pierre

Post by 7915983 »

clavguy wrote:
mick wrote:It doesn't really matter to me but I don't have any VST 3 stuff or I would test it for the benefit of others.
The voice editor for my Yamaha MOXF8 is VST3... and I DON'T have the time to learn Cubase
Cheers
Pierre
Yeah, VST 3 is being used more and more, mixcraft really needs it.

Post by 7915983 »

Oh, and one feature I forgot to mention earlier, there's something that definitely needs improving, I'm talking about the values that appear in automation, for example, I once wanted to automate an EQ, I wanted a low cut filter to go up and down the frequency spectrum, and yet the values that appeared on the automation clip were values that went from 0 to 1, instead of the HZ values on the plugins.
I don't know if it's possible to fix that for 3rd party plugins, but at the very least fix it for stock plugins, I was using the TB parametric EQ.

And also, the audio in so many of the loops that come with mixcraft is clipping, that is really really bad, please don't let this happen in the future again.
mick

Post by mick »

deleted
Attachments
Nonsense mp3 new - Track 1 - Nonsense - Track 1 - untitled.mp3
(776.61 KiB) Downloaded 2076 times
Last edited by mick on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote: No, its entirely possible I am ignorant on this. Honestly haven't seen it, so I am learning something new.
Wow, Mark, now I'm curious about what other content creation programs you use.

When I compiled that list for you, I went through every such program on my system that I wasn't sure of and checked them, and I didn't find a single one that didn't have that feature.

I, too abandoned Microsoft Office years ago. LibreOffice, which is the office suite I use, has it.

I try not to use the feature as a crutch; I try to keep track of where I am in a program, but sometimes there's a slip of the mouse and I'm not sure what it just did, and then it becomes a very critical feature.

If you have any use for an audio editor, I recommend giving Audacity another look. They have stepped up their game. The most recent version even allows real time monitoring of VST effects, which was one of the last stumbling blocks for it being a usable DAW. If that feature had been around 2 years ago, I may not have even tried Mixcraft.
-Erik
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Another one that I posted to the old thread, but which did not make it to the bug base:

The ability to set the metronome to count subdivisions.

I play drums and I like to play to a 1/8 click track.

My workaround is a MIDI file of eight note woodblocks, but it would be nice not to have to do that.
-Erik
davefk

Post by davefk »

Being able to have more than one project open and to be able to cut/copy and paste between them.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Starship Krupa wrote:
Mark Bliss wrote: No, its entirely possible I am ignorant on this. Honestly haven't seen it, so I am learning something new.

Wow, Mark, now I'm curious about what other content creation programs you use.
:lol: Its OK, these days most people cant relate to the world I live in whatsoever. Whats content creation? :D

I garden organically, though I engineer automated watering systems.
I am quite comfortable with a pad of paper and ink pen. But I do appreciate a quality pen.
I mow my grass with a push reel mower. (Well alternating every other time anyway :D )
I do not own a "smart" phone or tablet, and hope to keep it that way until I am forced kicking and screaming to update.
I finally broke down and replaced my 20 year old TV with a flat screen HD unit this year. Yet I rarely watch movies and abhor most sports.
I have a very fast internet connection that I use for work, web browsing and email. A big thumbs down to any Facebook, Twitter or other social media. I have no "followers", no "friends" and no comments on my "wall" and hope to keep it that way! For the record, I have never seen a single Facebook page I didnt hate. Intensely.
Work involves huge amounts of technical data, and the sources continue to modernize, and get more ridiculously difficult and time consuming to use. Retirement cannot come soon enough.
I like to read actual books. Prefer hard covers and maintaining a proper library collection. (One large room in my home, with attic overflow.)
And while watching Amish buggies navigate traffic in town this morning (I am NOT exaggerating!) I was considering how I could benefit from further simplifying my life.
Content creation? By the simplest means possible. Got a crayon? 8)

Thanks for the suggestion on Audacity Erik. Actually I have been aware it was a useful audio editor for some time. I haven't used it that way though, because I have tried to stick to the macro side of editing and avoid the time suck of micro fine audio editing for my needs and interests.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote:
Starship Krupa wrote:
Mark Bliss wrote: I garden organically, though I engineer automated watering systems.
I am quite comfortable with a pad of paper and ink pen. But I do appreciate a quality pen.
I mow my grass with a push reel mower. (Well alternating every other time anyway :D )
I do not own a "smart" phone or tablet, and hope to keep it that way until I am forced kicking and screaming to update.
I finally broke down and replaced my 20 year old TV with a flat screen HD unit this year. Yet I rarely watch movies and abhor most sports.
I have a very fast internet connection that I use for work, web browsing and email. A big thumbs down to any Facebook, Twitter or other social media. I have no "followers", no "friends" and no comments on my "wall" and hope to keep it that way! For the record, I have never seen a single Facebook page I didnt hate. Intensely.
Work involves huge amounts of technical data, and the sources continue to modernize, and get more ridiculously difficult and time consuming to use. Retirement cannot come soon enough.
I like to read actual books. Prefer hard covers and maintaining a proper library collection. (One large room in my home, with attic overflow.)
And while watching Amish buggies navigate traffic in town this morning (I am NOT exaggerating!) I was considering how I could benefit from further simplifying my life.
Content creation? By the simplest means possible. Got a crayon? 8)
Fair enough. We're probably inhabit adjacent pages (or at least the same chapter); I'm not a big fan of Facebook, I don't know what Twitter's website looks like, I love my Parker Jotter fountain pen, I love working on my irrigation system (it's like a cross between Legos, model trains, and playing in water), and I came home from the last flea market I went to with a dozen books.

I admire the Amish principle of considering very, very carefully and only adopting technology that enhances their spiritual life.

I do find a smartphone useful, however.
-Erik
aj113

Post by aj113 »

A fix for the fade in and crossfade bugs would be my priority.

After that, subgroups within subgroups.