cant burn my recording

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

kev herb

cant burn my recording

Post by kev herb »

i use spin it again to record dj mixes from my 1210s to then burn on to cd. this time i set the sample rate at 192000 in an effort to get the best quality recording. I left the bit rate at 16. after recording an 80 min mix i stopped the recording and it said there was an error loading the file. i found file again in the temp master file and can play it in all programs but cannot burn it or load it into my editing software. the file size is about 3Gb which is far too big for a cd but i cant convert it to make it burn. is there a way or did i just get too greedy on my journey to audio perfection? shame as it was a good set.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi there,

I'm not sure what caused this problem - we'll look into it - but it is extremely unlikely your hardware is actually recording your data at 192,000 Hz. Most built-in computer sound cards can only record at a maximum rate of 48kHz, and then Windows simply copy the data to give you a higher sample rate such as 192kHz. Even professional gear will almost never support 192kHz.

Your best bet is to research the maximum sample rate of your sound device, and use that as your recording sample rate.

Dan
kev herb

Post by kev herb »

Thanks for taking an intrest Dan. I did record three tunes unmixed on this setting previously and burnt them with no problem and noticed the quality was great.

I could see the level bars when recording were moving much faster which I thought indicated much more samples per second were being recorded.

I have the standard sound card in my computer (probably what you would find in a skip somewhere). I think its 16 bit no frills. I do want to upgrade sound card to a 24 bit. If I do this will i get a louder recording before reaching the 0db threashold and getting clipping.

Would wecome any advise on getting a profesional sounding recording that can match up to bought cd s. I do add compression in another program after but try to keep this minimal as dance music is compressed already and to over compress would lose punch and sound like pop music... and we dont want that now do we :!:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You don't need a sample rate that high for standard audio CDs. Try it with a sample rate 44100 Hz and see how the final product sounds.

Greg