Problem With Still Images

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Tarkus

Problem With Still Images

Post by Tarkus »

I have been adding jpg files of sheet music so I can play along with tracks. Kinda like karaoke for piano. Suddenly when I add a new still image, it's just black in the video window. Older saved projects are fine and this issue happens on two different computers that I have Mixcraft 7 installed on. Any help appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Problem With Still Images

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have Mixcraft version 7.1 build 279 installed? If not, choose "Check For Updates" from the Help menu.

If that's not it, do you still have jpgs that you loaded into the earlier projects? Do those still work in the new project?

Greg
Tarkus

Post by Tarkus »

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes I have the newest update. Other jpegs work in the new project. The newer jpegs do not work if I add them to older projects. Sounds like somethings wrong with newest jpegs? But I created them the same way. Exporting from Adobe Acrobat. They look fine if I open them in photoshop or paint shop pro. Just not in Mixcraft on 2 different computers. As a work around, I created video files from the jpegs, and they work in Mixcraft. It's just more time consuming. Any other suggestions?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Something must be different about those particular jpgs. What are your options when you export from that other program?

Greg
Tarkus

Post by Tarkus »

Hi
When I export as an image file, the only choices I have are jpeg, jpeg2000, png, or tiff. Can Mixcraft see any other types besides jpeg? I can convert them to many other types.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Give PNG a try.

Greg
Tarkus

Post by Tarkus »

Mixcraft doesn't see png. I can add a bmp but it has the same issue as the jpeg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Tarkus wrote:Mixcraft doesn't see png. I can add a bmp but it has the same issue as the jpeg.
Hi,

I'm able to load PNG images. What happens when you try? Try just dragging and dropping one directly from Windows onto your video track.

In regard to the BMP image, is this the same image converted from jpg? Or a different BMP image? How large is the file?

Greg
Tarkus

Post by Tarkus »

When I load a png (dragged or loaded) I can see that there is printed music on the track but when I click on "show video window" it's just black. Now tested on 3 different computers.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If one of the files is less than 8 MB in size, please submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach it so we can check it out.

Greg
Tarkus

Post by Tarkus »

Done.