My transition to Mixcraft

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ZEN

My transition to Mixcraft

Post by ZEN »

Hey all,

So I put music on hold after going to school for it, my marriage, my career in computers. It wasn't until a few months ago when I got a call that some publishing company wanted a song of mine. They wanted me to make five more tracks.

Excited, I go buy studio equipment and setup a new studio to get back into music. My DAW of choice at the time was Samplitude. I had major writers block and wasn't feeling Samplitude anymore. So I went on a DAW hunt. I literally bought Cubase, Reason, Bitwig, Ableton, Digital Performer, Studio One, Tracktion. I ended up selling them all on eBay. Tried Reaper as it was my second choice instead of Samplitude...no dice. So I search and search. I heard of Mixcraft before, but at the time I thought it was a very basic DAW at version 5.

I'm searching and searching forums, end up looking at some Mixcraft 7 videos on YouTube, downloaded the demo, and I was sold. I was amazed at how easy it was yet packed with many features.

I purchased a box version from Amazon, should be getting it today. And finally get these tracks ready for these guys. :D

If you'd like to hear what I make. Which is EDM, DnB, and Lounge, a link is below. I think I'll upload some video tutorials for Mixcraft as well, as it seems to not be many available for EDM.

https://hearthis.at/zen
AHornsby

Re: My transition to Mixcraft

Post by AHornsby »

Beta!
ZEN

Post by ZEN »

AHornsby wrote:Beta!
Thanks! I really enjoyed making that one. Lounge/Downtempo is actually my fav genre.

A lot of influences from Max Melvin and Simon Le Grec.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I cant get Covert soup (which I was particularly interested in listening to given your post) or Daydream in Blue to playback.

I agree that Beta is very mellow - Love it.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Cheers

John
ZEN

Post by ZEN »

fredfish wrote:I cant get Covert soup (which I was particularly interested in listening to given your post) or Daydream in Blue to playback.

I agree that Beta is very mellow - Love it.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Cheers

John
Thank you John!

To be honest, Covert Soup is just another dance song, it actually has nothing to do with the title. lol

Daydream in Blue is actually a break-beat song, which is upbeat but a little mellow as well.