Omnisphere on Mixcraft6- vst not showing u

Discussions of VST and VST3 plugins for Mixcraft users.

Moderators: Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

zzgani

Omnisphere on Mixcraft6- vst not showing u

Post by zzgani »

I just bought a new PC with windows 7 and installed omnisphere . I think omnisphere installs both 32 bit and 64 bit vst. since MC6 (b217)being 32 bit, I included the 32 bit vst path in the plugin manager. But Omnisphere is not showing up inside mixcraft even after restarting it.Am I missing anything here.

Ganesh
chibear

Re: Omnisphere on Mixcraft6- vst not showing u

Post by chibear »

Hi, It was about a year ago I installed Omnisphere, so everything is hazy to say the least.

I have only used the 64 bit dll as I wrapped it in jBridge in 6 and now untreated in 64 bit 7. I did however search my computer for another Omnisphere dll but nothing turned up. So question is are you sure you installed both dll's or maybe ticked the wrong box during installation? Sorry I can't be more help.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
zzgani

Re: Omnisphere on Mixcraft6- vst not showing up

Post by zzgani »

I can see Omnisphere dll in both c:\program files (64 bit)\steinberg\vstplugin and c:\Program files(x86)\steinberg 32 bit.
I have included the dll under C:\Program files(x86)\steinberg\vstplugin in Mixcraft 6 plugin manager.

I don't think there is any issue with my 6 CD installation process as it went very smooth.
Pls help..

Note:In my windows 8 laptop I have done the same thing as you have mentioned using Jbridge and Omnisphere works fine there.. But since this is my new PC, I want to keep it clean and don't want to bring jbridge here as I will be upgrading anyway to Mixcraft 7 in the near future..
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check your VSTignore.ini file to see if Omnisphere has been added. Look in:

C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft

If you see Omnisphere listed in there, edit the file with notepad and remove it.

Greg
zzgani

Re: Omnisphere on Mixcraft6- vst not showing up

Post by zzgani »

I solved the problem..The issue is with the shortcut for the STEAM folder was set to the default path. Since I changed the path my sound library it couldn't find it.

I did the following:

1. under C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics, right click and select the properties of STEAM folder shortcut

2. changed both the Target and Start in paths to my new path of STEAM folder

Now MC6 shows up omnisphere. With my new core I7 processor coupled with SSD as my primary disk omnsiphere patches are loading up instantly and i'm loving it.. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to come back here and share the solution you found!

Greg
UnitedFaith

Post by UnitedFaith »

Having the same issue... I had open up mx6 and file directed to my vsts, all of them work but it couldn't read omnisphere.
I have a bad understanding at file directing and vsts, but here's where my omnisphere folders are.

Omnispherse location
E:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\STEAM\Omnisphere

Shortcut of omnisphere
C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics

VST location
E:\Program Files (x86)\VST

MX6
E:\Documents\Wangstuh\Mixcraft 6\Mixcraft 6 Program\Mixcraft 6

yeah... I know, I rather have the program in my documents.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Since you're still using Mixcraft 6, make sure you've got 32-bit Omnisphere installed

Or, give Mixcraft 7 a try, since there's an option to install it as a 64-bit program.

Mixcraft 6 owners can upgrade to Mixcraft 7 for $29.95.

Greg