Mixcraft 7.5 Build 289 Released - please update!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Mixcraft 7.5 Build 289 Released - please update!

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi all,

If you're using Mixcraft 7 or Mixcraft Pro Studio 7, please go to the Help menu and select Check For Updates. You'll receive the new Mixcraft 7.5 Build 289 which we've just released.

If you've been using a previous build of Mixcraft 7.5, there were a couple issues that cropped up. A bug in the latest version of our compiler caused some problems on Windows XP. And for a handful of folks using Core Audio/WaveRT drivers, some plugins would freeze when loading or playing. We've worked around both of these issues and we fixed a few bugs while we were at it, so I highly recommend upgrading.

If you're not yet using Mixcraft 7.5, though, you should upgrade! We've added new loops, FLAC support, and added advanced Windows 10 support. You can learn more about 7.5 here (http://www.acoustica.com/newsletter/201 ... aft-7.html). It's a free upgrade for all Mixcraft 7 and Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 users!

Dan
martinweeks

Re: Mixcraft 7.5 Build 289 Released - please update!

Post by martinweeks »

Hi Dan,

Just spotted this notification and it's none too soon, as the issues you describe I've been having. So I have a couple of qestions as last time I did an install of build we had a bunch of problems.

I'm using Mixcraft 7 (not pro studio). Do I need to "ugrade" to Mixcraft 7.5 first then get the 289 build?

Or just go to the help menu and download the 7.5 / 289 build?

If so, do I need to uninstall ANYTHING? And if I do do I need to move my MC projects somewhere else so as to not lose works in progress? I have about 25 unfinished projects that are all in different stages of completion so I really need to know for sure what I'm doing before I start.

Thanks my friend.

Marty
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

just go to the help menu and download the 7.5 / 289 build?
Yes, close all other programs, and close Mixcraft once the download begins. The install wizard will start once the download is complete, same as your original install.
*If this doesnt work properly for any reason, you can go to your original download link for MC7 that was emailed to you and use it. The newest version will be downloaded.
do I need to uninstall ANYTHING? And if I do do I need to move my MC projects somewhere else so as to not lose works in progress?
No. Your projects are not stored within Mixcraft. The update install does not effect them.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

Thanks Mark
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

Hi Mark Hi Dan,

Okay I went to the help menu...cicked updates, and downloaded the build for mixcraft 7.5. Is that it? Or did I need to download the whole mixcraft 7.5 first?

earlier tonight had a computer glitch which I finally fixed so I am just being paranoid and want to make certain there was nothing else I needed to do. The public announcement had a link for downloading MC 7.5, that is why I am asking.

Thanks

Marty
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

That should be it.
Did you install? Have you opened Mixcraft and looked at the version displayed in the top left corner?
If it says 7.5 v289 you are done.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
martinweeks

Post by martinweeks »

Yes Sir... Mixcraft 7.5 Seems to be running a lot smoother. Haven't put it threw the paces yet but seems everything went well. Thanks. Have a great week

Marty
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Acoustica Dan wrote: If you're using Mixcraft 7 or Mixcraft Pro Studio 7, please go to the Help menu and select Check For Updates. You'll receive the new Mixcraft 7.5 Build 289 which we've just released.
Hi Dan
I have Mixcraft Pro 7.1, so thought this must apply to me! However, the Help/Check for updates says "An update is available (7.5)" and when I say OK, it thinks about it then says "You have the latest version!"

Undeterred, I headed over to the download page and downloaded the latest Mixcraft7 setup file. On this download page it doesn't now seem to distinguish between normal and Pro Studio? After I download and run the .exe and enter my existing reg details it then says "The entered code is for Mixcraft 7 Pro Studio. Please use the correct installer."

Any ideas?
thanks v much!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Juno

Post by Juno »

msnickybee wrote:Any ideas?
You could try to download the right version by using the link in the email you get from:

http://www.acoustica.com/cgi/upgrade.php?p=16

I've seen this helps others.
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Juno wrote:You could try to download the right version by using the link in the email you get from:

http://www.acoustica.com/cgi/upgrade.php?p=16

I've seen this helps others.
Just done this myself now and you're absolutely correct, after trying a few things I thought of this too
and it works!

thanks!
(strange that "check for updates" doesn't work)
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

I have noticed that updates seem quite big for patches, 25MB this time. Does every update basically replace the entire application minus the instrument libraries? 8)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

dung_beetle wrote:I have noticed that updates seem quite big for patches, 25MB this time. Does every update basically replace the entire application minus the instrument libraries? 8)
No, this was just a huge update. There were lots and lots of changes to various components.
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

OK :) Good to see you are still fixing and improving MC :) I don't really notice the improvements, though, probably because I don't use all those advanced features anyway.

Although it doesn't say so, it seems to me that one can and should already close MC while the patch is being downloaded as that little window is not part of MC, right?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's right, you can close Mixcraft while the patch is being downloaded.

Greg
Facto

Post by Facto »

Just downloaded the update and things have gone south. Every track I pull up now has clicks and pops all over the place..... And rarely had them before. Please advise.
Win 10 64 bit; MX9 Pro; Intel i7-9700 CPU ; 32 GB RAM ... 2TB SSD