Mixcraft 6 multiple outputs issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jddrock

Mixcraft 6 multiple outputs issue

Post by jddrock »

Hey there!
I am using Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio with a Zoom R24 as my input. I am recording a choir and will be using a few mics recording to a few seperate tracks simultaneously. This is what I would like to achieve as my setup for the recording. I would like the music to be sent to some speaker monitors for the choir. I only want to hear what the mics are picking up through my set of headphones. I would like the choir directer to have headphones with the click track and the music(I'll have seperate tracks in the project for the click and duplicate for the music), and I was thinking I could send these two tracks to a different ouput than I would use for the choir monitors via an output bus track. My problem is that to record more than 1 track simultaneoulsy from the ZOOM my sound device must be set to Asio, and the Asio device in the preferences set to the Zoom. After I do that it seems that any other input/output options besides the ZOOM R24 cannot be seen anywhere. In other words, I have a small Berhinger USB interface that I could use as another output, but with the ZOOM set up with Asio I can't seem to get more than 1 output. Any way to fix this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?????
Acoustica Joe
Site Admin

Re: Mixcraft 6 multiple outputs issue

Post by Acoustica Joe »

Did you happen to try WaveRT mode? Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for the Zoom. ASIO only allows one device at a time, unfortunately. Also, there may be a way to use ASIO4All v2 mode to get it to work. Scroll down and read the section on ASIO4All here. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb06/a ... sician.htm

Also, just as an aside, Mixcraft 7 supports the Zoom in Mackie emulation with motorized faders, etc. :D
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Acoustica Joe wrote: Also, just as an aside, Mixcraft 7 supports the Zoom in Mackie emulation with motorized faders, etc. :D
The Mackie emulation for the R24 is great - but the R24 doesn't have motorized faders.

Cheers

John
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

I tried waveRT but it doesn't function correctly with the ZOOM R24. I can hit record but it won't capture any sound and doesn't support recording more than 1 track simultaneously anyway. I'm actaully using Asio4all v2, tried making Mixcraft an ASIO client for multi use but when I do the ZOOM device doesn't even appear as an option as an output or input device to be used. Any other way I could accomplish this?????
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

Hold up! With God's help and some more research I got it to work. The problem was that I hadn't looked deeper into ASIO4ALL's setting and the onboard sound card for my laptop would be on and the R24 would be active, but when I activated my onboard sound card the R24 would become idle. So, all I had to was hit the wrench icon in ASIO's settings and from there figured out how easy it was to turn them both on. :lol: Haha! Look what happens when you pray, you get answers! :D Sorry for the dumb question guys! Thanks for your help!!!! :D