Multi-timbrals & Multi-channel VSTs in Mixcraft (new)

Post any tips and tricks you've discovered for using Acoustica software here.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

chibear

Multi-timbrals & Multi-channel VSTs in Mixcraft (new)

Post by chibear »

While it was fresh in my mind, I figured I put out a video of what was discussed in a recent thread by Gasperius on setting up Kontakt. As Microsoft has permanently locked the account where the graphics for my previous articles' graphics exist, meaning they will disappear in time, a rehash was appropriate and since I now have FastStone, videos will replace all the wordiness. I'll leave the other video in Gasparius' thread until it's stale & Mark wants me to talk more, so the first of new videos on:

Setting up Mixcraft as Multi-channel and Multi-timbral using:
Kontakt
IK Miroslav Philharmonik (Sample Tank 2)
EWQL Play
Last edited by chibear on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Re: Multi-timbrals & Multi-channel VSTs in Mixcraft (new)

Post by Mark Bliss »

Mark wants me to talk more
:lol:
I just find the description and explanation of actions far more helpful than video "tutorials" where I am so focused on trying to follow the mouse (if I can see it!) that the whole point gets hard to comprehend.

Besides, your voice is soothing. :lol:

Good work and a much appreciated effort. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Very nice!

We should link to to the original discussion mentioned in the video. Was it this one?

Setting up Multi-Timbral & Multi-Channel VSTs

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You know, if you wanted to do a general video tutorial on this subject (one that doesn't make references to previous user forum discussions), I'd be happy to share it on social media.

I was going to share this one, but then I thought that people might wonder who this Gasparius fellow was.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Thanks! OK I'll let you know when I've redone it. In this thread I 'll just link to the new video. Next time I'll try to do it before I take my pills so maybe I don't slur my speech so much :lol:

The link you gave is the old text & pics version from a couple of years ago. That's the thread that has the account with all the graphics locked by Microsoft.

The recent thread thread we had the discussion with Gasparius is here: http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=18959

Edit: did the new video this evening. It's attached to the the original 'Kontakt' link
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

chibear wrote:Edit: did the new video this evening. It's attached to the the original 'Kontakt' link
Hi Clyde,

Thank you for re-doing the video. This should really help people out. I put it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

Greg
chibear

Post by chibear »

Cool! Thanks! I just put Miroslav Philharmonik up. I'll try to do EWQL Play tomorrow.

To make the resource complete, I would invite everyone who is able to add videos for the many missing VSTi's. When I see a link I'll add it to the OP so ppl won't have to scroll through the entire thread for the info.
Soundcloud YouTube
mick

Post by mick »

Thanks ever so much Clyde for this. :D priceless!
zzgani

Post by zzgani »

has mixcraft 8 made any changes to the way we connect multi out instruments like Kontakt ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The Route To Track feature allows you to use tracks instead of lanes to send MIDI into virtual instruments.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
zzgani

Post by zzgani »

Thanks Greg, will check