Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Whitecarl1993

Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Whitecarl1993 »

I love using Mixcraft 7.5! There is no other program for PC that works this well with a midi controller. However, all of the registration reminders make it almost impossible to use without purchasing. I feel as though not having the ability to mix down projects is enough of a hindrance to those who cannot (or wont) purchase the product right away and would motivate people to buy your product. As it stands now, I am going to whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro. Everytime I look at mixcraft, I hear that fucking mixcraft lady bitching to me about being to broke to get out of trial mode, so I more or less shudder at the idea of using mixcraft now. Just an idea for the future. :D
Rolling Estonian

Re: Hey Mixcraft, you rock, but...

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Whitecarl1993 wrote:As it stands now, I am going to whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro.
As I see it, buying MC will be a heck of a lot less expensive than buying a Mac and Logic. I don't know how you're going to find a 'cheap' one. And Logic Pro is $199 so I don't really get where you're coming from. Especially saying that you love MC. Either way, thanks for sharing and good luck.

M
Last edited by Rolling Estonian on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Rolling Estonian wrote:
Whitecarl1993 wrote:As it stands now, I am going to whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro.
As I see it, buying MC will be a heck of a lot expensive than buying a Mac and Logic. I don't know how you're going to find a 'cheap' one. And Logic Pro is $199 so I don't really get where you're coming from. Especially saying that you love MC. Either way, thanks for sharing and good luck.

M
"Cheap" and "MacBook" somehow don't fit together in my mind either (especially a MacBook capable of running a DAW), plus suggest you investigate some of the VST and VSTi forums and see how Apple seems to break something every OS upgrade that sends developers scrambling to fix.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
mick

Post by mick »

Mmmm.... That's strange, I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5. I can use it for as long as I like and do mixdowns, make video's, make CD's, Blah blah blah...all in joyous peace of mind, I wonder if anyone can explain? Oh hang on a minute.. I think I have a paid for registration number somewhere, the result of working for my dosh and exchanging a tiny bit of it in return for someone else's time and skill. :D
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Carl, I hate to come across as unkind, but that is officially the dumbest post I have read on this forum all year, hands down.
Yep the free trial version has a nag, as it is intended to encourage your purchase. And your argument is illogical.

Unbelievable. :roll:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

mick wrote:I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5.
I do sometimes........ Her name is Liz!!!!! :mrgreen:

I couldn't resist that one...... Knowing that she won't see that will help me live to see another day!

M
mick

Post by mick »

I wrote : I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5.
Oh yeah, I forgot about one little voice telling me to hang my coat, move my shoes, tidy this and that etc.. :lol:
Rolling Estonian

mick wrote:
I wrote : I don't get any nagging voices when using Mixcraft 7.5.
Oh yeah, I forgot about one little voice telling me to hang my coat, move my shoes, tidy this and that etc.. :lol:
A little voice? Man, you got it good! :lol:

M
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Well, this is very similar to life itself. When you come up with a little money the female nagging ceases. :lol:

Just had to throw this out there.

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.

Rolling Estonian

Studio 919 wrote:When you come up with a little money the female nagging ceases.
Again, just a little??????? Man both you guys are lucky!!!!!! :mrgreen:

M
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Oh, don't worry, there are always ways to get around the mixdown restriction - that's what I did when I still used Mixcraft 5. You just gotta be crafty... ;-)

That said, Mixcraft 7.5 is ridiculously cheap compared to other DAWs, like someone alluded to - Logic Pro is $199, and Mixcraft 7 (standard) is, what, $80? The only thing "pricey" about Mixcraft is the Pro Studio version, which includes a plethora of additional plugins but is functionally identical to the standard Mixcraft 7.5.

And yes, pun intended.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I must be the luckiest guy on earth then. :D
(We don't have that problem here!)
Occasional gentle reminder because my memory is fried, yes. Necessary, yes. Problem? Not in the slightest. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Whitecarl1993 wrote:....all of the registration reminders make it almost impossible to use without purchasing.....

.... I am going to [do] whatever I can to get a cheap MacBook (or Imac) and get Logic Pro.
Whoa, you can use Logic Pro without purchasing it? I have indeed been missing out.
-Erik
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Rolling Estonian wrote: I do sometimes........ Her name is Liz!!!!! :mrgreen:
Hopefully not in your good ear. -h
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »