7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

Post by Anorax »

Made a bug report about this, but there's no option for trimming audio during the publishing process. This can be annoying if you have a long tail of silence in the render.
Mark Bliss

Re: 7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

Post by Mark Bliss »

I'm going to have to experiment with this some before fully forming a conclusion. Maybe we need a feature suggestion to add a "render selection" modifier to the upload feature?
But without that, I think I kind of expected it to upload the full project, and the need to crop that long tail of silence would be something normal I think?
How do other DAW's with this kind of publish feature handle this?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

No idea how other DAWs do it; at least not from experience.

I think a quick workaround would to be to render the audio like normal (with the "render selection" option enabled) then open a new Mixcraft project to publish it, but that kind of defeats the purpose a bit, especially for publishing to audio-only services like SoundCloud.

I guess I could also adjust my workflow so that I get rid of extra MIDI clips that were used for reference and muted (but not removed from the project); it's these clips that cause the tail of silence to occur.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Wow, that's a huge amount of silence in that bug report screenshot. If you get rid of the extra MIDI clips, does that help?

Greg
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

so,other than the publishing why would I need this upgrade?
I tend to do my publishing/posting AFTER I do all my other legalities... I see this as a fault- no offense, but hat got fixed that wasn't working before?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There are a bunch of fixes. The one that some forum users have been waiting for is the fix for moving notes up and down in the piano roll with the mouse. It's always good to get the latest version, because we're constantly fixing things that people report.

I posted a list of additions and fixes here.

Of course, this is a beta version right now. Don't download it unless you want to beta test and try to find bugs.

Greg
mick

Post by mick »

In reply to Mark's question- How do ther DAWs handle publishing?

The other DAW I have has an upload information panel very similar to Mixcraft and does not have an option to make last minute corrections, it assumes the project is ready for presentation and all work has been finalised in the program.
The difference is the other DAW has a header for the song title and comments and Mixcraft has a number of blank mystery panels. I have no idea whatsoever what they refer to. :shock:

EDIT: I just had another look at the Mixcraft panel and there are 2 unreadable squiggles (above and below the spaceman) that look like they may be writing of some sort. Clicking on one asks if private or public and the other looks like it may be quality so Acoustica needs to make this a much bigger font :D
publish.PNG
publish.PNG (49.92 KiB) Viewed 10371 times
samp upload.PNG
samp upload.PNG (53.43 KiB) Viewed 10371 times
Last edited by mick on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft's publisher screen should look like this, more or less.

Mick, if your's is blank like that, we need to do some troubleshooting. What version of Windows are you using? You've got build 296 installed, correct? Did you go into Mixcraft's ini files and customize the colors or something?

Greg
mick

Post by mick »

Greg. Whoooops! :oops: Yes I changed the ini file colours! :roll:
I've kept 64 bit and reloaded the 32 bit version and now have this super smart panel. Thank you :D
upload.PNG
upload.PNG (44.59 KiB) Viewed 10361 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know what it was! Let this be a warning to the custom colors crowd. :wink:

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I knew you'd be ready for it when it inevitably popped up Greg...... :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

To answer your question Greg, yes, if I remove the MIDI clips it renders just fine.

I guess the real question is, why does Mixcraft consider muted clips (or muted tracks—well, in this case, a muted submix) when rendering?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Add that comment to your bug report!

Greg
mick

Post by mick »

Ha!ha! :lol: when I was changing some colours there were some stuff I could not relate to so I obviously left them because they didn't appear to make any difference until now. when I discover I messed things up.

I made a list of what was changed and compared them side by side to the original 32 bit version mixskin and this time only changed what was necessary, and the result is that I have my colours back AND the super duper publishing panel so I have 32 and 64 bit versions all working correct to my theme. All is well again. 8)
I guess I forgot about the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" thing. :roll:
Last edited by mick on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

So the real question is, is the bug an "enhancement" for controlling mixdown length, or is the bug in Mixcraft including muted tracks and clips when calculating mixdown length?