7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

mick

Re: 7.7 Build 296 - Publisher issue

Post by mick »

Where it says "upload image" is that for the included images that I can scroll though? When I click on it it takes me to where the pictures location is but I can't access any pics. Even if I transfer a pic to a different location such as desktop or a drive it is not accessible The windows pics folder is where I put images to download with a post but is not responding, Its accessible otherwise. Have I got the wrong impression of the upload pics window?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You can add your image to the supplied five. And automatically have it uploaded with the project. As well as have the announcement added at the beginning, end or both.

Example: https://soundcloud.com/mbliss01/wubwub
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It also provides a background image for a YouTube or Facebook video if you don't have a video track in your song.

If you're not finding any of your own images, what format are they? JPGs? PNG files? GIFs? You should be able to load the most common image file formats.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:So the real question is, is the bug an "enhancement" for controlling mixdown length, or is the bug in Mixcraft including muted tracks and clips when calculating mixdown length?
HI,

Since we'd expect a muted submix to be ignored on mix down, I suppose this could be considered a bug.

Adding an option to trim the end of published audio is definitely a feature.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Greg, Question, there is no indication or apparent control over what kind of file we are uploading, (to Soundcloud for example) can I assume MP3 then?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In the interest of reasonable upload times, it's MP3. Audio purists should publish their music the old-fashioned way, by airmail.

Of course, the option for other audio formats could be a feature request.

Greg
mick

Post by mick »

I have some png pics in the "my pictures" library and have no problem accessing them by paint, photo viewer, or just click the mouse. When I try to access a picture via the publisher the pictures folder does not respond.

I can choose an image and include it in a post but no joy via the publisher for some reason. 8)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

What version of Windows do you have? "My Pictures" sounds like Windows XP. I don't have any problems navigating to Documents/Pictures on my computer. Maybe you're trying to access an invalid shortcut? Try to navigate there a different way.

Greg
mick

Post by mick »

Greg, I have windows 7 64 bit SP1 .
Every program I have will access the pictures except publisher and chasing around for an image when I know exactly what it is and where is unusual.
This one below for instance: Accessible with the forum "add file" feature but not available with publisher.
It is of no consequence but I report this as an issue at my end regardless, if you can actually place an image in the publisher panel then its my computer (and I) but you said you can "navigate" to the pictures folder and that doesn't sound the same as importing. 8)
Meanwhile I shall investigate some more and report once again.

BTW The problem I had with the blank publisher panel was not a result of editing the ini files (mixskin) I downloaded the beta and instead of changing all the colours again one by one, I pasted the edited mixskin I already had in documents. There was the problem because it did not have the publisher panel data!
upload.PNG
upload.PNG (44.59 KiB) Viewed 3988 times
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Experimenting a bit this morning (laptop, Vista) with the image upload function, I find that while I can select the upload button and navigate to the desired folder of images on my computer, I am experiencing some odd behaviour:

Once I locate the desired folder and select an image, if I then use the scroll arrows next to the image in the publish window, it will go to images in my folder I have not selected, seemingly randomly, and go back through the Acoustica images as expected, but then it "keeps" the images in my folder I did not select and will drop the original image I selected.
Minor bug, but a bug none the less. Reported.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Thanks Mark, Greg, did you actually TRY the import function once you "navigated" to the folder to confirm if its my computer at fault or a bug ? I still have no idea apart from Marks input so after a crazy 2 hours chasing I'm done with it.
Because the picture icons are missing I can type the file name and it will then import, but first I have to use another program to find the correct file name or title.

Next please..... ! :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, I can navigate to the pictures folder and see all the icons of the images, then select an image and upload. Is the problem that you just cannot see the thumbnails of the images? You can view the contents of the folder and upload, but you just can't tell which image is which? Are you using any third-party Windows shell programs? Something to replace Windows File Explorer?

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

How about providing step by step instructions to follow. Seems like it might just be a difference in steps causing the issue?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Just to make sure we're not overthinking this, if the problem is that you're not seeing the icons, have you tried adjusting your Windows folder view setting while you're browsing the folder from within publish?
Screen shot of Windows folder view options.
Screen shot of Windows folder view options.
windowsviewsettings.png (111.53 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
mick

Post by mick »

Yep!
Tom, the step by step goes like this.
Open Mixcraft
Add a clip from the library or a midi clip to activate the publish feature.
Select file > publish
Click the upload image on the publish panel and the explorer window opens where I can select "pictures".
From there I expect the picture icons to display but they do not. But, if I access the pictures folder direct from explorer (therefore bypassing the publish route) all icons show. If I then right click an icon and select "open with" then choose Mixcraft, the icon installs multiple times onto the video track and then displays in the pictures folder and I can access it after that. Orange arrow.

So its a case of telling Mixcraft what to look for and the next time it will find the icon in the pictures folder as above. All the other icons remain hidden unless I right click another one (from explorer or other program) and again select open with...

Greg, I've already tried the display settings but no change. I also tried full screen view. The orange arrow shows the picture I selected to "open with" and the blue arrow shows where I can type a title, in this case the VB3 organ and it will pop into the publish panel O.K.
I'm getting weary to say the least so as long as its not a bug and confined to my end there is no problem.. but then Mark has an issue of a different manner.
I made a folder "Mixcraft publisher images and tried putting something in there but that's a dud too.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (87.82 KiB) Viewed 3966 times