share files between computer

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FRM

share files between computer

Post by FRM »

I all,

I got 2 computers (desk and laptop) i install mixcraft 7 on both of them. My problem is that i don't no how to share my work between my computers.

I supose that i should select the right kind of saving. I tried .wave and its not possible...

Someone can help?

Tkx!!!!
BillW

Re: share files between computer

Post by BillW »

Do you mean projects, or sound files, or VSTs? Or other?

Do you intend to use both computers for recording / mixing?

I have a computer that I used for recording and also as a file server. It's relegated to the basement with my instruments. I wanted to do my mixing on a computer in my home office on the 2nd floor. Had a very difficult time setting it all up and finally gave up.

I ended up months later buying a laptop so I could record in the basement but mix anywhere. Even then, it was a project to find all the files on the basement computer to move to the laptop. I never did get the clips that I used OmniSampler on.

I do with there was a tutorial on this.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Load the project into Mixcraft, then select "Copy Project Files to..." from the File menu. This option allows you to place all the files needed for a project into a zip file or folder. You can then transfer the zip file or folder to the new computer. If you choose to create a zip file, it will be smaller, but you'll have to remember to right-click on it and extract the contents of the zip file on the other computer.

Greg
BillW

Post by BillW »

That's great to know. I wish I would have asked the forum about that before I wiped the files from my older computer.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I have one of these- I just backup offthe PC then plug it into the Laptop & transfer that way.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3R ... MA72FTX6AY