Spin It Again on Linux

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

echavisesc

Spin It Again on Linux

Post by echavisesc »

Does anyone have any experience with running Spin It Again on a Linux machine? I have used Spin it Again for years on various Windows machines, and was able to successfully install it on a recent Linux installation via WINE. However, the only choices I have for selecting recording and playback interfaces is "pulseaudio" and "default wave device". Programs native to Linux can see all the audio interfaces, but I can't figure out how to get Spin It Again to do so. Any ideas?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Spin It Again on Linux

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Spin It Again will display the recording devices that Windows detects. If Windows can't find the recording device, then Spin It Again won't offer it as an option. What's the recording device you're trying to use? If it needs audio drivers for Windows, try updating those. Otherwise, try updating your Windows audio drivers for your soundcard.

Greg
echavisesc

Post by echavisesc »

This is not a Windows machine. It is a Linux machine. I am trying to find out if SIA can be successfully run in WINE on a Linux computer.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I understand that, but Mixcraft requires Windows to be fully functioning. Try my suggestions!

Greg
echavisesc

Post by echavisesc »

It is actually the audio mixer at our church, connected via USB. Linux recognizes it with no drivers, as did the Windows PC it was formerly connected to.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Does Windows running under WINE recognize it? Does it show up as a recording device in the Windows control panel audio settings? It has to be in that list for SIA to find it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I have been running MC7P on a Linux Cinnamon machine for a number of months and though I obviously can't recognize the specific issue are having at this point, I understand that the MATE version of Linux is supposed to be able to recognize more media hardware specifications that the others. There's 32/64 versions of Cinnamon Mint Mate (Rosa) version here: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Wine might be the issue. What I do know is not to try to install Windows on top of Linux because it will delete some important Linux features. (Windows will 'think' it's the only OS on the computer.) Installing WIN before Linux however might solve the issue you're having because all the Windows drivers will remain intact and I believe it's those that Wine refers to. Don't quote me though. Linux has a forum for users and I've even seen a Linux Audio forum out there.

What I can do is download a trial of SIA and see what I can do to help out. -h